Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Truth and Sponsorship - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Fishy69

Actually Tommy Harris does make his own blades. He doesnt purchase the bulk blades like everyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Reggie r

Default ?

Why don't you go test the product yourself and see if they work instead of waiting for others to test and tell you how where and what to do? Then you don't have to listen to what other say or write...
Old 08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Keeper

I heard Tommy Skarlis say once "The funny thing about fishermen is that even when you tell the truth noone believes ya"...

Its a "catch 22" for the pros... Tell the truth on "what and where" you caught em and someones going to be mad at you... Lie about it and someone is mad... :smash:

Its only fishin' boys... FISH ON!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Wallhanger

Was that one of "Modogs" runnin racks in the winners boat??
Old 08-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Keeper

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]That type of behavior runs amuck within the industry. The sponsorship dollars are what run the show and most pros are afraid to loose whatever they receive, which sets integrity on the sideline in many cases. This demeanor bleeds into bolstered resumes and bragging rights also, which slowly embeds into fishing chronicles…look hard enough and you can find articles with authoring credit to sportsmen who did not have a hand in writing it. [/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Who cares;1344630]Do you really think that who painted the blade matters one bit? If it's a genaric #5 firetiger versus a TH #5 firetiger with a little spider web painted on it do you really think the fish cares? Especially considering that the fish sees the back of the blade and not the front of the blade.

I'm not trying to pick on TH as his blades look neat but I don't think for a second that they will catch anymore fish than other blades as long as the weight and size of the blades are the same, and I highly doubt that TH actually makes the blades.[/QUOTE]

Truth^^^^^^^ Who cares what blade it was presentation is #1, speed, direction of troll,bead color, duplication, and being on the right fish is more important, blade is probably 4th or 5th in the trolling equation. You have to be doing the above right in order for them to want that blade in the first place if your not doesn't matter what you put out they won't eat it anyways.

You guys look WAY to far into this stuff.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM
fish eater

[QUOTE=Fishy69;1344712]Actually Tommy Harris does make his own blades. He doesnt purchase the bulk blades like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Tommy Harris stamps out his own blades.....
Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=S.Larson;1344731]Was that one of "Modogs" runnin racks in the winners boat??[/QUOTE]

It sure looked like it to me!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=S.Larson;1344731]Was that one of "Modogs" runnin racks in the winners boat??[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. Steve has the very first one I did for the new model 621's.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Wallhanger

[quote=Modog;1344967]Yes it was. Steve has the very first one I did for the new model 621's.[/quote]

I had to look a couple of times to catch it,...It looked like it came from the factory!!!,..

Nice work,...