Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Ultimate Boards - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers

Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Keeper

Default Ultimate Boards

Several weeks ago I researched on Walleye Central all the threads about bunk boards on trailers. The comments were very, very helpful.

I carry an Alumacraft 175T on a EZ Loader trailer with 9 foot bunk boards. The starboard side board had rotted.

After considering all the comments, identifying all the pro's and con's, I ordered a set of 2 X 6 9 foot Ultimate Boards. The price was exactly the same as the 2 X 6 9 foot carpet covered wood boards from EZ Loader. I know, I could have made them myself for a whole lot less, but I needed a price comparison.

The boards arrived in about 5 days from the time I placed the order. Included with the boards were a detailed set of installation instructions and reminders (Don't loosen the bow strap until launching in the water!) which I found helpful.

The result: I am very pleased with the Ultimate Boards. Loading and unloading has become a breeze and these boards should last ...well, forever, relative to the time I have left for fishing!

Jeepman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

anyone using these on fiberglass?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

One thing that is important with any bunk trailer and that is when both launching and or retrieving the boat to get 100% of the bunks wet, before either launching or retrieving.
Obviously after fully immersing the bunks, then pull the trailer back to the appropriate place for either a launch or retrieval.

This does two things.
1. It helps to rinse off any dirt that might have accumulate on the boards - whether carpet boards, or ultimate boards - that might end up scratching the hull.

2. The water makes the boards even slipprier than dry boards and thus eases both launch and retrieval.

Take care
REW