Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Governor signs bill allowing homeowners to shoot intruders! - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Slot Fish

I think some of us are over looking the flip side of the castle doctrine. We now have the right to not only bear arms, but the right to defend ourselves. That puts us on equal playing grounds for those who choose not to obide by laws. Now one has to think twice before he enters your home, because the last thing he might see, is the flash of your barrel. If your a responsible gun user nothing has changed.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Wallhanger

Like with any of these situations, it will be interesting to see how things play out the first time it happens.

I live where it is fairly unlikely I'll need to shoot an intruder. I realize some think that is nieve on my part, but I don't really care about that. I feel bad for folks who have to live where they feel one day they will need to defend themselves and/or their family against a break in (or on the street - talking about CC, too). I know these places exist... I just would not live there. Honestly, if I lived in such areas, I'm sure I would have been packing heat a long time ago too (legally or otherwise).

I still think I'll CC just because I can... Just knowing the guy next to me may be carrying is reason enough for me to carry, now. Like has been mentioned many times in support of CC, the playing field needs to be leveled... both of us carrying levels that playing field.

Cheers!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Snort View Post
Well, you're all set then. :wink:
I recommend the TV show. It's only a small part of my experience that began 71 years ago when I received my first .22 rifle.

Since then I've fired a lot of weapons, a lot of times, and handled other equipment that causes lots of destruction.

My dues are current.

Over Thanksgiving I passed through Buck Snort, TN. Was planning to get a photo of the town sign & post it for you, but came through well past sundown on the ride back home. Maybe next time.

Be safe.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump55 View Post
It is irrelevant if the intruder is armed or not. If they have forcibly entered, or you have reason to believe they have forcibly entered, you have the right to defend yourself and family with deadly force.
I think you missed the point. It's not whether it's legal to shoot someone in your home; it's how the exercise deadly force based on a misunderstanding affects you for the rest of your life.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishindude644 View Post
ALWAYS lock your door when leaving or coming. They have to break into my house and what the dogs don't get i will.
Have you ever forgot to lock your front door? I have.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
I think you missed the point. It's not whether it's legal to shoot someone in your home; it's how the exercise deadly force based on a misunderstanding affects you for the rest of your life.
It would be much easier then having an intruder kill a member of your family when you had the means to stop them.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Wallhanger

I consider it my obligation to protect my wife and me at all times. I accept the responsibilities that go along with going armed.

I'll be making holes in paper targets at least two more outings before the end of the year.

I've picked up some pretty good tips from watching episodes of Personal Defense TV. It's worth a look.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
drinkerul

Sounds like someone got into a person castle at Virginia Tech again, very sad situation. Thoughts and prayers to VTU.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Noah Cantell

Default @ William Money

"My instructor was a police officer that taught the class on the side. He informed our class to announce to the intruder that you (me), had a weapon, and that the police were called."

You do that and the first target will be you.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Keeper

Center mass.......fire til empty, you have nothing to worry about if you stay away from what's not yours. I like my odds!!!!