Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Ranger 17.5 tiller coming! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Minnow

The boat is indeed called 175 T, and the dealers will be receiving there information on the boat this week. Ranger used the NPAA as the forum to send out the news on the new boat. the specs are.

17' 6'' Length

86'' beam

23 Fuel Cap.

The idea behind the design was to create a 2012 version the the 681 Tiller, This boat will max HP 75 but is designed to perform with a 60HP. the overall depth of the boat will be similar to the old boat just a little deeper. Dealers will be taken orders on the boats and look to see the first one at the Minneapolis Northwest show in March.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Tiller Boy

It certainly does!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 AM
tiller dude

George, thanks for the info!

When will the website be updated to show this rig? And when/where can we expect to see some pics?

Also, is there a place on the website that shows the angler color options?

Looks like I will be in a new boat!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller dude View Post
Also, is there a place on the website that shows the angler color options?
tiller dude,
Found this: http://www.rangerboats.com/staticPag...FnP_colors.cfm

and: http://www.rangerboats.com/models.cf...d=6577#|colors

if you spend a little time comparing the two, you can interpret which number = which letter choice.

HRG
Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
tiller dude

Those colors don't match up. The new angler colors have several (the link to the descriptions) black gel hull options, and there is inside deck poly available too. The examples link does not much up (all have white hulls and inside decks). I have been all over the site and can't seem to find any examples of actual boat pics.

Thanks though.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller dude View Post
Those colors don't match up. The new angler colors have several (the link to the descriptions) black gel hull options, and there is inside deck poly available too. The examples link does not much up (all have white hulls and inside decks). I have been all over the site and can't seem to find any examples of actual boat pics.

Thanks though.
Tiller Dude,
Feel free to send me an email tjbauer19 @ Hotmail.com with your contact info and I will passs that on to someone that can answer all your questions.

Thank you,
NPAA#555
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Wallhanger

I know I have asked this question before, but could someone explain why a tiller boat with no consoles and a smaller engine costs so much?? This boat does sound like a great addition for Ranger, and I love my Ranger (3rd one), but lets look at this deal rigged up.

Your are starting with a 17' boat with a 75HP for $27,000, which doesn't sound bad, but it comes with one small depth finder. Now add a bow mount, vantage and splash guards on the back, a better finder in the rear and one for the front, on board charger and other goodies I am not sure that come with the boat. Now, you could easily be at $31,000 plus tax!!!! The 618T with a 90 etec at my dealer is around $35,000 and would still need some things added as far as I am concerned for fishing. You can get into an 18' angler with a 150 for around the same money. It doesn't make sense to me???

Now some say the current tillers are the fisherman line and have added features, but now this new boat is suppose to be in the angler lineup, so may not have all the bells and whistles of the fisherman tillers. I am not trying to rain on the parade, but I am a little baffled at how a tiller that is minus consoles and a smaller less expensive engine is even close to the same price as the other boats?? Anyone with greater wisdom than I please enlighten me?? My next boat is gonna be one of these tillers and I am just trying to make sense of it all.......
Old 01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Wallhanger

found this You-tube video of George describing the 175T: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQ9l-xoIdg

although at about the 26 second mark, he indicates that it's an 84" beam, like the original 680/681T?

HRG
Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Minnow

Default beam

The 680/681 boats have a 79 3/4" beam and are 16'11" in length. I would guess that in order to fulfill USCG regulations for a 75hp rating Ranger had to add a little to the length and the beam on the 175T.
Can't wait to see one of these rigs!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
found this You-tube video of George describing the 175T: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQ9l-xoIdg

although at about the 26 second mark, he indicates that it's an 84" beam, like the original 680/681T?

HRG
Heh HRG - I was there for the intro - I was thinking the beam was less than the 86 being mentioned, but we did not receive literature on it - just a spec floorplan shown on the presentation screen. There are no completed boat pics - because there are no completed boats. The first one built will be at the NW Sportsshow. ( I thought it was 82"... - shows what I can remember...). At any rate - it will be wider than the 80" of the older model 680 - and it will not be as wide as the current 618, 620.

Also, this will be a "Package Priced" Ranger - something new for them. You can still order specifics, but there will be advertising with standard features with a complete package advertised pricing. And yes - it will share many of the Ranger standards - like a standard Ranger Trailer, with armour coating, with premium transport cover, etc.

The non-slip floor will be made of a gritty type of material - similar in texture to a non-skid pickup box spray-on liner, or duracoat that is used on the trailers. The diamond pattern used on other 'non-skid' floors will not be the design on the new 17.5 Ranger.

The weight of the boat will be around 1000 lbs - so it goes without saying that there are not a great deal of luxury features in the cap. If it could be deleted to save weight - it was - so the boat can be ordered with a 60 and still perform with 3 people onboard. Livewell, rod lockers are on the side of the boat. Front deck has cooler, a bait well, and gase tank will be in the nose of the boat under front deck. Battery storage will be in rear corners of the boat, which should balance out weight distribution rather well - batteries in rear, gas in front.

Mercury also introduced a new 4 blade aluminum prop for the mid-range engines - If I recall correctly - SpitFire - and I certainly could have forgotten the correct name. The 4 blade Spitfire results in significantly improved plane times as compared to other aluminum props, while only sacrificing about a half mph on top end. I think this prop is going to be very popular where an aluminum prop is spec'd for a mid-range outboard. There will be hub kits to fit the SpitFire to all brands of outboards.

The 17.5 foot Ranger, 60-75 hp tiller, and SpitFire prop looks to be ontrack to become a popular rig during the 2012 boat show season.

I'll bet your surprised I sat in the Ranger session huh?!! George Liddle did a great job with his presentation with limited time. It was suggested multiple times how nice this boat would be with a 90 - I got the impression it will be a 75 - lol.

Last edited by Burr; 01-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.