Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Kag Lake Nakina - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Northern Boy

Default Kag Lake Nakina

Our group are thinking of trying Kag Lake north of Nakina this year. Twin Lakes Outfitters has taken over Timberidge and has a lot of new lakes now. They tell me that I would probably really like Kag, as their new camp is located on the west side of Kag near Humble Bay, which offers privacy away from the Lodge on the east side of Kag. We have fished Abamasagi, Jessiman, Melchett and Kapitawanga Lakes in the past and have been very happy with the fishing. Can anyone offer any advice about Kag?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Keeper

Talking Kag lake

I have fished kag 4 times over the past 15 years. It is a large body of water and get very rough in a matter of minutes. Fishing is good there. From where you are staying to the right is a place where we call it three rivers very good for np with some being trophy size. Glad to see twin lakes take it over not sure if they bought it or just running it for corky. I think i still have a marked map of kag if you pm me we can talk further and i can send you a copy of it.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Keeper

i have been 5 times awesome fishing,cabins,boats and motor's,over 3 pound average great people to deal with. i see you have been to abamasagi i am going this year any tips would be great.we go 3rd week in july we cought 4 to 500 eyes if you go in may or june you can get over 1000 2 guys

Last edited by corvette1; 01-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Minnow

Timberridge has their 2012 website up and advertising with the old owners contact info on it.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

Can vouch for the quality of the fishing at Kag.

When I was there we drove right past the Timberidge outpost and thought it looked great.

Had always planned on trying it myself at one point, but there's just too many other lakes and not enough time.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 AM
Northern Boy

Thanks all for the replies. Tightliner, I believe Chad was telling me about that area, is it to the west of camp? He has been talking to some of the old guests and getting a bit of information. I understand there are some nice weed beds up in Humble Bay with some good drop offs. It sounds like no matter how windy, you can always fish Humble Bay.We are planning the second week of August and will be looking for some big northerns. We still want to eat walleye every night though.
Corvette 1, I believe you will be very happy at Abamasagi. Bill Ferring(previous owner), once told us there are so many fish in Abamasagi, that you have to hide behind a tree to bait your hook. I must say though, it has a fantastic fishery. It is not unusual for one boat to pull up a hundred walleye in one day. There are some great sunken weed beds for trophy pike as well. Every year we went back, we would find new spots for big pike. It is a big lake, but there is always an area to get out of the wind. The walleye are simply everywhere in that lake.
Any more info on Kag, we are really looking forward to our trip this year.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
dwy8979

Default twin lake outfitters

Have fished Abamasagi 3 times, awsome lake, one after in July, first week, betwern two noatd we caught about a 1000 walleye and northerns....sounds unbeleivable but is true..
.gished jessiman im 2008 was great too....going to Crayon last week of August, any sdvice or comment would be appreciated. You can't go wrong with them, Chad and Dennis do a wonderful kob, as did Bill and Michelle
Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
dwy8979

Default twin lake outfitters

Have fished Abamasagi 3 times, awsome lake, one aftenoon in July, first week, betwern two boats we caught about a 1000 walleye and northerns....sounds unbeleivable but is true..
Fished jessiman im 2008 was great too....going to Crayon last week of August, any advice or comment would be appreciated. You can't go wrong with them, Chad and Dennis do a wonderful job, as did Bill and Michelle
Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Keeper

Smile kag lake

great lake you chose.fished it for 20 years.from the opening week of the season thru the third week in July. You have lake trout to the north walleye every where else. This is a clear lake visual depth at places 20 feet. If it happens the may flys are hatching find the mud flats and long line troll rapalas in flo gold ,gold and black,with an inline sinker1/4 to 1/2 oz. when the wind kicks up hit the shore line or front edge of the many weed beds.The walleyes avged 3--4# the northerns here are a great resource handle with care .My personal best was 49 1/2in several 38 to 46 one of our guys hit a 50 in between him and his brother they had 4 over 40 in .in one afternoon. the wind comes mainly from the west,so if you go south of the cabin you should get some relief from it, we where blown off of it a couple times for an afternoon.or two. jigs orange,chart. motor oil twistertails .goodluck enjoy the sunsets they are awesome!