Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Gouin with Air Tamarac - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Minnow

Default Gouin with Air Tamarac

Heading to Plamondon Bay in the Gouin Reservoir with Air Tamarac this coming July. We've fishing Hebert a few times, but this is our first trip to the Gouin. Any advice on key spots to save me the trouble of finding them would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Minnow

Default Re: Gouin with Air Tamarac

There is some good info on the gouin in the forum. I have not been to plamondon, but, I think there are some generalities that apply to all Gouin fishing. For eyes... There is possibility for huge numbers, but, they lack size (13-15" are the norm). The wind dictates fishing and is usually blowing pretty good by early afternoon on sunny days. There are usually eyes on all ridges, points, drop-offs, etc. The key is finding those really good spots or spots on the spot. We have caught fish here from 4 to 30+ feet of water (some of the biggest were actually shallow). 4pm to dusk are the best walleye fishing times. The fish come up in the late evening and can be regularly caught trolling or while pike fishing. Major river/creek inlets can hold fish. Pay close attention to the info provided by your pilot and/or the info you can extract from the fisherman you are replacing. The Air Tamarac owners regularly fish the Gouin, so, they stay current on the good spots. If pike is your game... just about any cove with some pike grass is likely to hold fish. Also, windblown points and windblown rock faces or rocks/trees in the water often hold pike. Hope this helps and hope you get a reply from an experienced Plamondon bay fisherman.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Minnow

Default plamondon bay fishing

I have fished that area of gouin twice in the past 3 years. The last time was out of cabin 41 thru air tamarc. Usually there is 3 of us, my son, and brother in law. There are several fine fishing spots all within a couple of miles of the camp. I will try to find a copy of the map with hot spots. Pm me a personal message with an address and I will send you a copy. We are hoping to go hebert this year,we have never been there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by trapperbob; 01-25-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

I am a devoute Air Tam fisherman,I personally like Hebert, But his camps on the gouin are in good locations. you should have no problem finding wally. As matter of fact I spent the last weekend in there booth at the Harrisburg show. have a good trip Ron
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Minnow

Default Air Tamarac

Ron. Thanks. I'm a HUGE Tamarac / Jean fan. Their facilities, equipment, people, and fishing are all first rate. I was at the Harrisburg show Friday and spoke with both Jean and Remi. We've been to Hebert a number of times. Looking forward to bringing my 7 year old on his first fly in adventure.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Pa I spent last sat. sun. in the booth with them,I have been out with at least 4 outfitters in northern Quebec. By far Air Tam has one of the best operations in the province. You would be hard pressed to find a lac that you can catch more walleye than on Hebert. its a walleye factory. One of the reasones its such a great fishery is that it is the head water for the lakes just to its north {doda} Father Lac. The other thing is that they have exclucive right to that lac. You will have a great time with your son no matter were you fish with Air Tam. Have A good trip Ron
Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Minnow

Default Gouin with Air Tamara

Thanks to all who have given information. Keep it coming.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Slot Fish

Default Plamondon Bay

Been there many times and will be fishing the opener out of the brand new cabin #41 this May. The area that the cabins are in provides access to Plamondon Bay and Lac Du Malé. I have to say that a lot depends on the water level and the the weather conditions. I mainly fish for pike while there. You will have to experiment with the usual patterns to see what works. You should get a good set of maps and a GPS. If you have specific questions shoot away. One thing I know for sure is that Jean will treat you right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.