Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Taggart Bay Lodge or Camps Ronoda - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Minnow

Default Taggart Bay Lodge or Camps Ronoda

My husband, son and I are planning on going to Canada walleye fishing the first week of August. We would like to find something 4 hours or less away from Toronto to fish. Because of gas prices we are not going to haul our boat, but rather use the camps boat. Car clearance roads only. The 2 camps we have found that fit what we are looking for are the following: Taggart Bay Lodge and Camps Ronoda. Any reviews on these 2? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Wallhanger

You can check the Lac Kipawa fishing forums for some reports and information on Taggarts Bay Lodge and other camps on the lake.

Not familiar with Camps Ronoda.

You might consider the lodges on Lady Evelyn Lake as well, if you don't mind a boat-to camp. However, it's about 6 hours from Toronto, but worth the extra drive.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Wallhanger

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...t=camps+ronoda

See my post. I've been there several times, but not since 2007. At this time, I'd like to go back as I had some memorable weeks of fishing, especially the pike. I do not know anything about the current camp owner. there is another camp, just past Camps Ronoda that looked decent (online):

http://www.pourvoirie-cabinesdulong.com/chalets_en.html

The bottom line on Lac Remigny: fertile, natural lake, plenty of weld beds, rocky shoals, drop offs, deep holes, with decent fishing between the two camps and a little further where the lake opens up to widest area. With 2 fish camps and some cottages, probably some ice fishing activity, the fishing is decent, not great. We did catch pike til our arms fell off one week of a hot bite. I would not consider it to be fly in quality, but not pressured like a lake within 1 or 2 hours of Toronto. Lac Des Quinze via boat launch around corner from general store in Remigny is generally more remote with vast bays and huge wide open regions, better for walleye.

Tags
camps ronoda , taggart bay lodge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.