Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Clinton Lake, Kansas - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Slot Fish

I was reading an article from a nebraska biologist who works the walleye spawns. he thinks the light angle is as important as any other factor (water temp, cold fronts, etc)

He says that it is almost clockwork every yr that the spawn gets going in Nebraska April 1 every year. this year so far females they have netted for reproduction were still "green" (not quite ready as 3/28) but looked as though they would be in a few days (april 1)

I realize timing is going to be a little different in KS but it makes me think that there is still potential to catch a spawning run maybe this week or next based on this information regardless of current water temps?

I also heard that they still have the nets out on the dam at hillsdale lake which might also be an indicator that the biologists are still collecting spawning fish?

Probably wishful thinking but who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement