Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
I-pilot or structure scan? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Slot Fish

Due to the fact that I fish alone half the time and I like to troll without question the I-Pilot. When jigging you never have to pull up an anchor...I-Pilot. The SS is nice...to me the I-Pilot is so useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 05:40 AM
Minnow

Another vote for IPilot. Greatest thing to come along in a while!!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

Default Yep Ipilot is way cooler

That's same argument I have get new HDS 8 or Ipilot, fish are still there and no fish finder is going to make them bite. I see boats with 3 low grade fish finders and kind of laugh, that is all they have. Catfish folks need extra finders because it's shallow water and front to back of boat could have fish hiding. Ipilot is worth every penny, my new boat to me lasted 3 day's in storage with motorguide on front. Yanked that sucker off and ordered new Minnkota V2 Ipilot motor. If you have copilot the upgrade is not as wowie because that is nice to have.

Last edited by beeman; 03-31-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Slot Fish

IMHO I pilot 4 sure............even if you can see the structure, break, line or whatever you are seeing can you stay on it, rerun your exact route, or fish it from anywhere in the boat????
Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Slot Fish

9 months ago I was in the same quandre.
iPilot or HDS/LSS. I chose the iPilot/Terrova and absolutely love it. It is a real game changer. I call it my "Windbeater". I used to hate fishing on a windy day. Now it is no problem.
But a month ago, I put the HDS/LSS on my boat. And I love it too. It is not the game changer that iPilot is but it is a wonderful tool for afirming the location of fish. In the past I could see a structure on the bottom but I couldnt really tell what it was. Now I can see that it is a downed tree and can even see the fish under it that were totally obscured from conventional sonar. To me, they both are worth every penny.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Slot Fish

Okay, I went with the majority and bought the ipilot instead of LSS-1. Now I need help. How do I mount the ipilot to my Vantage? Actually I already have LSS-1 and I love it, but I could see the benefits to the ipilot if I had a front mount trolling motor. Maybe ipilot front mount could be next. I have a bow mount on my other boat and have only used it a couple times in the last ten years, but probably would use a bow mount quite a bit if it had spot lock. You got me thinking.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigiver View Post
Okay, I went with the majority and bought the ipilot instead of LSS-1. Now I need help. How do I mount the ipilot to my Vantage? Actually I already have LSS-1 and I love it, but I could see the benefits to the ipilot if I had a front mount trolling motor. Maybe ipilot front mount could be next. I have a bow mount on my other boat and have only used it a couple times in the last ten years, but probably would use a bow mount quite a bit if it had spot lock. You got me thinking.
"How do I mount the ipilot to my Vantage?"
Sorry to tell you this, but you don't as the IPilot isn't made to run the Vantage! Gonna hafta spring for a bow mount like the Terrova or a V2 to utilize the IPilot!

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Keeper

Default i-pilot

I just purchased one and have been out 2 times with it and love it. I haven't got to use all of the functions yet but I love the spot lock. I took the whole family, 5 of us, out crappie fishing the other day and I was able to stand in the middle of the boat and help my girls and not have to have worry about the boat. It was great. It allowed all of us to fish, including me.
I can't wait to get to Canada this year and try out all of the functions while fishing up there. I don't think anyone would argue that it is truly a great fishing tool.

TonyO
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Keeper

I think I may go with the I-pilot. So far the vote is 20 for I-pilot to 4 for SS.

Thanks for the input guys!

Del
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Wallhanger

Make it 21. I-pilot first.

Bill