Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
New Rain Gear - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Keeper

Thanks for the help guys! I'll check out the gear. I really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredog View Post
Hey guys, check this young man out. Go look at his album. Clean cut 16 years old and wants to be a pro fisherman. And he`s standing next to a TRITON!! Ya gotta like him. Wiredog
18 now. Sorry, I haven't updated my profile in awhile!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Ryan,

For $200 you can get a Scheels Jacket and Bibs. Pretty good stuff for the money. It is not the top end gear but you are also not paying top end $$$. It is a very good value!
NPAA #499
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Wallhanger

Frogg toggs suck! you will get wet. I was wearing a pair and got soaked just from the boat spray on a windy day. Get good bibs for the pants if you don't want a wet ***.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK1 View Post
18 now. Sorry, I haven't updated my profile in awhile!
Ryan,
If you are on a budget check out columbia rain gear. I have a lightweight jacket with omishield and it does a great job, I wear a fleece or coat under it depeing on weather. They make omnishield pants as well. You can get these for under 250. BPS had them yesterday.

Frabil FXE stormsuit gets good reviews, I have seen decent prices on ebay for those under 500.

Good luck bud!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Keeper

I was excited when I bought my first set of "good" rain gear. I was less than thrilled when it eventually started leaking thru worn spots...knees,lap,butt,then shoulders...It's great when it's new. For someone who seldom fishes in the rain,it could be "new" for a long time.

I can't see dropping big $$$ every year on raingear...Two sets of guidewear and a set of froggtoggs later,and I've gone back to vinyl. Carharrts has sturdy stuff at as decent price.

For light rain,I wear my newer guidewear (cold weather) or froggtoggs (summer) but in a deluge,the Carharrts are the only thing I'd wear.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Wallhanger

Cabelas Guidewear - the last raingear you'll ever buy (unless you no longer fit in it...)

Scott
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Wallhanger

i have Cabelas guidewear and the Frabill FXE. both are expensive but the FXE stuff if just better. Built for fishing and quite comfortable the cabela's stuff is quite stiff. If you want a good cheap pair get frogg toggs, i have been in rain with them and i stay dry. Its not great for all day rains like the expensive suits are but in a pinch it works. That being said, if you are serious about being out in the rain the FXE is top notch.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Wallhanger

I have a set of Cabeal's Guidewear that has served me well. It's about 7 years old now I guess. I tried on a Frabill Stormsuit and shouldn't have...I REALLY like the way it fit.

I'm strongly considering one
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

I trust Cabelas Gore Tex rain gear. I have three different models, two of which are very affordable.
Dont underestimate their cheaper light weight stuff. Worked beautifully for me for many years before I dropped coin on Guidewear. When you buy the lighter stuff just by large enough size that you can layer underneath.