Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
300 offshore prop? on 2100 skeeter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Slot Fish

Question 300 offshore prop? on 2100 skeeter

Looking for some advice on propping this combo. Would like to get a little better hole shot and better top end speed. Currently i get an average of 58 mph with both tanks full, two people, and gear. Looking for anyone with the similar package of boat and motor to share with me any prop testing results and what they would recommend. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Keeper

Like I said I think you will like the Turbo 1. Half tanks, 1 guy we have got 60.8 with this prop. Full tourny load 58.5-59.5.

I will be trying some other props when we get the boats out. If I find something better I will post it.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter20 View Post
Like I said I think you will like the Turbo 1. Half tanks, 1 guy we have got 60.8 with this prop. Full tourny load 58.5-59.5.

I will be trying some other props when we get the boats out. If I find something better I will post it.
Thanks look foward to hearing from ya
Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Keeper

Well a little update as I have tested some props. I tried a Turbo TXP 21p and the Lightning on the same day and the TXP was 1mph faster and the boat had more lift. Tested with me and other guy, pretty much flat conditions which isn't the best but the TXP ran 61mph@5800-5900 and the Lightning was 60mph@5800. TXP seemed a little slower then the Lightning out of the hole but not real noticable.

Next I tried a "X" vs 21p Lightning. Today I was alone and the Lightning ran 61mph@5800-5900 and "X" ran 63mph@5600 Had it out all weekend and with 3 people, bow and rear wells full, bowmount, cooler, gear...etc we ran 60.5mph. I felt the hole shot was only a tad slower or same then the Lightning. We are going to test this prop on my dads boat without a jackplate and see how it does.

Last prop I have to try when it comes in is a TXP 23p.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Keeper

Skeeter,
Have you tried a 21p Yamaha Pro Series?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Keeper

Robert I havent tried a pro series, Yamaha says they are only rated for 225hp but then I think somewhere on here I seen Jimmy Bell runs one on his boat or he wants to?. Also my dad ran a pro series 23p in his old 2050 Skeeter with a 250hpdi.

The prop I am running now until the TXP comes in is a Turbo 1 23p! The TXP had some very good lift, actually the best of all the props I have tried. I can also run the jackplate 1-1.5" higher because it holds better.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Keeper

yes both Jimmy and Ross along with every Ranger 621 w/ the 300 offshore is running the 21p Pro series
Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Keeper

I think its going to be a lot like the Turbo 1 21p. 14 1/2" diameter and not too aggressive. I have ran every 21p Turbo prop(1, Lightning & TXP), Powertech 3 & 4 blade and a Tempest.

I figured since the 21p gets the boat out of the water with ease I should be trying a 23p and so far I am happy with it. I also see Yamaha rates our motors for 300hp@5500rpm.

What prop are you running?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Keeper

I'm still runnung a 21p Saltwater Series II. 58mph loaded @ 5500 rpm's
Old 05-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter20 View Post
I think its going to be a lot like the Turbo 1 21p. 14 1/2" diameter and not too aggressive. I have ran every 21p Turbo prop(1, Lightning & TXP), Powertech 3 & 4 blade and a Tempest.

I figured since the 21p gets the boat out of the water with ease I should be trying a 23p and so far I am happy with it. I also see Yamaha rates our motors for 300hp@5500rpm.

What prop are you running?
Actually it is rated at 6000rpm's (see link)
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...specifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.