Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Cooking fish on a George Foreman Grill? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Wurm

Default Cooking fish on a George Foreman Grill?

Okay guys and gals, seeing as everyone I have ever talked to, including quite a few of you on this message board, just loves your George Forman Grill, I had to go out and spend $59.00 on one. (Now if I could just get everyone who raved about then to give me a doller, it would be payed for - plus some.) I shopped around, and found an extera large with temperature control. (Seems the temp. control was the only thing anybody ever said "I wish I had".)

Anyway.... the questions: Fish on the grill - how well does the grill cook fish? Is there any fish better then others, like oily fishes vs. non-oily? Are walleye a good fish to cook on there? Thick fillets vs. thin, Low heat vs. high heat? Anything?

I am putting myself back on the Atkin's Diet, and it seems this grill would be my best cooking tool... and fish would rank right up there as a "healthy food".

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Minnow

Default RE: Cooking fish on a George Foreman Grill?

I'll marinate in either italian dressing, or a lawreys marinade...doesn't take too long on the Forman, I'll spray the grill 1st with Pam, as fish likes to stick a bit.

I Perfer perch or small eyes, as I have the little one...
Old 02-12-2003, 06:47 PM
lil boat

I dip the walleye or perch in Lemon juice and place on the grill that has been sprayed with cooking butter, I then sprinkle Old Bey seafood spices on the fish I usally cook for eight minutes. I don't have one with adjustable temperature.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Wurm

So obviously... you can cook fish on the George Foreman grill, and it sounds like they turn out good! So far, I have heard about perch and walleye, anybody do trout or salmon? Keep the cooking tips coming.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Wrap the fish in foil and add seasoning like you do for your outdoor grill. The fish won't stick and it stays moist. Clean-up is turning off the grill and throwing away the foil.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Slot Fish

The only fish I've ever done on the Foreman is salmon. It works great. With the adjustable heat, I set it between minimum and medium and cook for something like 9 minutes. Will still go back to grilling over charcoal when the weather warms up though.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Mark

I agree with the salmon. I cook salmon on the George Forman and in 8-9 mins you have 2 small filets cooked. It's the best way to cook salmon.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Wurm

I think foil would have a tendency to scratch and ruin the non-stick surface of the grill... wouldn't it?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:52 AM
RHLSnoopy

Wrap the salmon in foil cook it in the Geo. Foreman grill for 8 min. The throw the fish away and eat the foil: Only way to eat salmon is a fish boil or smoked.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Wurm

Wow RHLSNOOPY, that really has a lot to do with my question... thanks! (for nothing)

My George Foreman Grill would short out in boiling water, and I could never get the smokey flavor out of the plastic.

See... my relpy is just as good as yours.

Wurm