Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
replace hatch window on chevy tahoe - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Keeper

Default replace hatch window on chevy tahoe

I have a chev 2004 tahoe and wind slamed the hatch window down broke all to pieces.It has a rubber gasket instead of a hard frame was wondering if it would be a pain to do myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
mk cant log in

I have an 03 Tahoe and it looks like it wouldn't be too much trouble to replace.

I've heard these windows can be expensive.

You might call one of the 2-your-door windshield replacement companies like Safelite; they might do back windows.

They replaced my Tahoe windshield at my office for less than $200 after a golf club went thru it. No, nothing fun like Tiger Woods. The club slipped out of the hand of an 8th grader practicing at the local course and it flew up, into the parking lot, and thru my window. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it.

Kid felt real bad but I told him I thought it would be pretty funny if it wasn't my car.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Keeper

nless you can get one cheap a local salvage yard just have the safetlite co do it. not a hard job to do though.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Keeper

I looked at the situation and figured it was easy I went to the salvage yard and picked up the window, it came with the frame its all one unit. got home there are 2 c clips that you have to pull take the struts off and remove broken window. Do the opposite you probably dont need help that easy. The struts are easy to remove at the end there are metal clips there is a slot that you can use a screwdriver to pry up. When replacing just replace the clips tthen tap them over the ball it was an easy fix and saved over $175.00 sweeeet
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Charter Member

Fishin,
I have no idea what state you are in, but in MN. state law requires insurance companies to replace insured vehicles glass at no cost and no deductible to the insured person.
The state wants to do as much as it can to insure that vehicles are not driving around the sate with broken glass causing visibility issues.

i.e. as long as you have glass coverage on the vehicle.

Be safe
Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Minnow

You should enlighten us on how you broke your window out.