Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Ice auger, 2 stroke or 4?? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Hawg

Default RE: Ice auger, 2 stroke or 4??

4 stroke only comes in 1 size. I like a 9 in hole. When they make a bigger drill I'm getting one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Northern -
I suspect that you simply have an issue with your cutting blade.

Now and then, an auger gets made where there is a problem with the flutes on the auger or in the angle of the mounting areas of the blades; or even the blades themselves.

Take the auger back to the dealer and ask for a different auger and blade set to go on your power head.

I suspect that you will be very happy with the rig, when you get the right setup.

Lots of very happy users of these 4 stroke units today that have no issue cutting through 30 inches of ice very quickly.

You have a specific product defect issue that can be quickly remedied.

Take care
REW
Old 02-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Dave tw

Overlap two 8-inch holes and you have one giant hole! You can do it with a StrikeMaster 4-stroke.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Wallhanger

I have a Jiffy Stealth STX 10" 2-Stroke. Don't run synthetic. Smoke is tolerable. Actually, that's part of the appeal.

It is an absolute beast for cutting holes. When it gets up on the pipe it feels like it's pulling itself through the hole. My only complaint is the cost of an extension. I've bottomed it out on Green Bay and can't believe they get so much for an extension. I have a guy who is supposedly making me one for a fraction of the cost but don't have it in my hands yet.

I had a chance to watch the new Jiffy propane unit this past weekend. I was very impressed. Started right up and was very quite. The ease of use impressed me also. Through the years I've forgotted to tighten my vent cap and I've had the little 2-stroke gas can tip over and leak all over the back of my truck. Propane bottles don't leak. Nice!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Minnow

Talking 4 Stroke

The strike Master , Strikelite is only 23 Lbs. , no oil mixing , no smoke and quiet. They are pretty expensive but if you take care of it this auger will last a life time.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Keeper

Wow old thread but the arguments vary from person to person.

I own the Strikelite. Now I'm running the 9" Lazer drill bit on it. Just wonderful. I did tilt the motor and now got some oil dripping out.