Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Walleye Fishing in California - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2001, 01:19 PM
Minnow

Default Walleye Fishing in California

Does anyone know if there is any walleye fishing in California and if so where? I have been asked to relocate from Minnesota to northern CA and am not sure I can give up the hunt for walleye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2001, 01:26 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Walleye Fishing in California

I think I remember reading once that CA and FL are the only two states in the lower 48 that have no walleyes. I know Oregon has some good fisheries.
Old 01-18-2001, 01:27 PM
Don

I'm not sure but don't forget your lantern and generator!!!!
Old 01-18-2001, 01:41 PM
tinboat

No walleyes in CA, they hardly know what they are, I got laughed out of a tackle shop once cause i was buying a bunch of shad raps on sale, the guy asked what i was gonna use them for, when i said walleyes....he said "who you think you are Babe Winkleman?" I replied "##### no, Im not Babe Winkleman, Im Gary Roach" so he says, "who's that"...about that time some bass guy says "so ya, ya gonna use som of dem jigs" "maybe ya wanna buy som of dem leeches", so i paid for my shad raps...2.00 apiece, i bout like 60 of them, and got the ##### out of there....
Old 01-18-2001, 01:46 PM
Minnow

Backtroller,

My in-laws moved to southern CA over 5 years ago. Of course, they wanted us (my wife and I) to come with them (yea, like we can just pick up and leave). Now, they make an annual trip to come to my house every summer to go walleye fishing.

I think the only way I would move from Minnesota is if the relocation offered opportunity or a better lifestyle. Perhaps a 2-3 hour trip to Oregon won't be too bad though (depending on where you end up in northern CA). But whatever you decide, best of luck.

Best Regards,

Stever
Old 01-18-2001, 02:29 PM
Wallhanger

Used to live in California. Zero walleyes. Bass, striped bass, trout, catfish, sturgeon and other freshwater fish, plus ocean critters, but no walleyes. That's one of the many reasons that I moved.
Old 01-18-2001, 02:35 PM
Wallhanger

PS: Whatever you do, don't accept a job out there regardless of how high the salary is until you check out the real estate prices!
Old 01-18-2001, 02:49 PM
Gabby

tradin in the planer boards for surf boards