Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Here's the story - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Erie Fisherman

Default Here's the story

There was 3 of us . When we were seen by one game warden catching so many fish , him & his buddy moved right over to us & started fishing .When My one friend caught a 11lb.er ,he came running over . My friend said before he started , if caught a hog is was going to let go .He had 4 fish on the ice . After trying to find a scale , he put it back . So then he came over and counted the rest of our fish . We need 2 more . He went back to his shanty & fished with his door open . Every time we caught another he'd look to see what we did with it . My one friend continued to throw fish back & I wasn't catching anything . While all this is going on , The warden is on the phone calling another telling him he has to be home by 4 . So before he leaves another comes and sits in his place . By this time we are over our limit . He sat there till we were EIGHT over before coming over . He was nice enough to spilt them up so no one would get fine for all 8. Which we learned , when you throw all your fish in one pile ,all three of us could be fine for 8 over .
But the sad part is the guy that was throwing his back was fine for 3 over. He only had one that was bleeding so bad we begged him not to throw it back, #5 . AND I only caught 4 fish all day & was fined for 3 over . The guy with all the fish was fined for 2 over .
I agree we did wrong . But the next time you run a red light ,, or you think that white line at an inter-section doesn't pertan to you,or you're going down the road doing 60 in a 55 because " 5 m.p.h over is ok " , remember this letter . We all choose what alls laws we break . Let him without sin cast the first stone .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Keeper

Default RE: Here's the story

Sound's like you know you screwed up and will pay the fine.as far as throwing rock's if you have glass window's in your house.fisherman going to the river or on any lake that keep fish that are not hooked directly in the mouth you can't say to much either.you (know who you are)there is no differance in my mind.sometime's people make bad choice's live and learn.some poster's that got nasty on your other post they have a right to say what they do you told them.as far as they go nice to be so perfect.I bet they never have broke any laws before.????? ok let me have it other poster's but if you are a guest
don't waste your time I only listen to Member's.

Bottom line is follow the law's you should not have a problem.even if it leaving early so you don.t have a wounded fish to worry about.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

i,ll be the 1st to say i,m not sin free, that being said IF you guys were over your limits and the wardon fined you for that he did what the law requires.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

Sounds like you got what you deserved. So, if he hadn't come by after you were already EIGHT fish over your limit, would you have kept fishing and kept more? Sure seems like it to me.

I'd like to take back my first comment. You got LESS than what you deserved. It's fish hogs like you and your buddies who ruin it for law abiding sportsmen and for our future sportsmen.

Old 03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Minnow

The law says four is enough...So after you get three one the ice start letting them go till you find that perfect no.four fish...My .02 worth anyway..Sounds like if YOU only caught/kept 4 all day you got screwed though....Len
Old 03-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Wallhanger

Erie.
It's my guess you guys don't do a lot of fishing and subsequently not a lot of catching. And I personally know what its like when you finally get to be in on the Mother-load rather than simply hearing or reading about it. I drove around one deer season with a 9 pointer on my truck until it almost rotted showing it off to my buddies.

I don't know what really ment more to me at that point. Actually, finally being successful at something I tried to do for years or playing the big shot with the nice buck over the hood. I slowly learned to respect both the effort and the prey and put them both into perspective. And even though it seems at times that the C.O.'s always pick on the guys who seldom break the law, most are just doing their job.

Set back, think it over. We all try to get away with some stuff in life. We somehow think life owes it to us for all the crap we don't get away with. Both society and life have rules. Some for a reason. Pay the fine and use this as a growing experience.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

I hope they fine the ##### out of you ,all you guys do is make good guys look bad . I also would like the ice fishing STOPED ALL together and the spring river fishing .
Old 03-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Keeper

I was not trying to indict or judge. You took your chances and things did'nt work out. I not throwin' stones. I was basically just curious. Thanks for info.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Hawk( David H. )

Bountyhunter,

Brian and I walked for 90 minutes out of Catawba Sat. Came back at 3 with our limit. Brian kept a 10.3 to have mounted. I don't understand why ice fishing should be stopped--8 inch hole on a big body of water seems more sporting than having 8 lines out and covering miles of water with three locators and GPS markings. We both look like we spent 5 hours in a tanning booth and the legs are a bit sore but we spent some quality time together-##### Brian even had one arm in a sling for the day-messed up the ligaments again. We had 18" of ice and hardly any wind. Hope the back is ready for Arizona.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Slot Fish

i knew there would be a story,,,you said earlier you caught 23 but in this re-write you say you were fined for 20.now you want to compare your doing this with reasoning that its the same as running a red light 8 times or driving 60 instead of the required 55.as far as the part let he who has not sinned cast the first stone the sinner still has to pay the price for what he has done. the problem is your first post was supposed to warn others about the game warden which made most of us mad because you were trying to lump us in with your lousy ethics,you all knew what the limit was when you were keeping to many but then you want to tell everyone what a slob you guys are and were supposed to feel sorry for you.wallydog1 you sound like you have some experence at this also but feeling sorry or trying to defend slobs just keeps them doing it again and again.this wasnt a case of ignorance to the game laws they just decided to keep as many as possible with the attitude of look at us were big stud fishermen wanting to brag and show off to there friends and such.get real,,,shadowalker