Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Any fishing reports for Burt/Mullet lake area in Michigan - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Rob Thomas

Default Any fishing reports for Burt/Mullet lake area in Michigan

Heading up there this weekend just wondering if anyone has any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Indiana D

Default RE: Any fishing reports for Burt/Mullet lake area in Michigan

Please post how you do, I've heard that Burt Lake is a great lake for walleyes.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
hoosierfish

I second that. I just tried posting on strictly fishing. Looking for fish camp or cabin in june for small group of guys. Would love some info.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Wage_oar

I fished Burt Lake with the same group of guys for about 6 yrs every spring until the spring of 2005. Burt Lake at one time was a great lake for walleye. Emphasis on was. We found that every year we were catching fewer and fewer fish. We were told that the DNR was not stocking Burt Lake with walleye. When the fishing started to taper off in our normally productive hole we tried other areas with the same results. I really do miss our spring trips but with limited vacation time and resources I decided to fish closer to home-Lake Erie. I can recommend a nice fish camp on Burt. Nothing fancy, but a clean and reasonably priced family owned operation. Happy Hour Resort 231-548-5188. Make sure you take the time to take a boat ride through the inland water way towards Lake Huron.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 AM
JJ Mac unlogged

Fishing was quite good about 2 weeks ago. Things have tapered off a little bit. Last Sunday we got 5 all after dark. Fished Wednesday just for a couple of hours and got 3. Best luck for me has been trolling small cranks in perch and firetiger colors. Will be out this weekend and will report. Feel free to shoot me an email for more info.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Minnow

Default RE: Any fishing reports for Burt/Mullet lake area in Mi...

I regularly fish Burt (about once a week on average from season opener to first ice). I have had my two best days ever this year. In September one night my partner and I caught 21 fish of which 18 were keepers. Two weeks ago we caught 18 fish, 8 keepers. Burt can be hot and cold. It pays to be persistent in looking for the fish and trying different things until something produces. It doesn't always work however. Last friday we fished hard and only caught 6 undersize fish. As far as stocking goes I believe Burt has a self sustaining population of walleye and stocking is not really necessary. I do try to release most of the bigger fish we catch. Last fall in late november we caught our largest fish there which was 26". We released it unharmed. I have seen fish caught as large as 29" but have not done quite that well myself.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Indiana D

How is the ice fishing on Burt. We go up to the western UP every winter but last year the fishing was pretty slow. Burt would be a much shorter drive for us, thanks for any info.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:54 AM
JJ MAC unlogged

Ice fishing on Burt is fair. I am yet to take a limit on eyes. I would recommend Saginaw Bay if you have a sled or atv.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.