Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
FOOTDOC YOU OWE ME A BIG APOLOGY!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Wallhanger

Default FOOTDOC YOU OWE ME A BIG APOLOGY!!

well, i'm waiting to hear from footdoc as we boated 20 coho/browns...all we did was cast..no trolling the mouth of ditch was completely blocked in with ice...so i just threw out an anchor and let footdoc cast for the first while, trying to coach him on the finesse of salmon fishing since he only catches tamed crappie on his lake with planted crappies...after he caught the first five fish i figured it was about time to begin fishing myself, so after the tutoring was over and he was holding his own, i began landing fish...several nice browns, which i will know for sure if they are big coho or browns once i begin to fillet them...we had a great(grate?...he is grating at times!). time and coulda stayed there all day as it was very hot fishin...as we came up the ditch there was a lund trolling and we stopped (to brag) and asked how they were doing...they had one fish!!...guess ronnie can now really(reely?) brag now that i showed him the ropes...i'm hitting the lake again wed...pepe, just follow me and do what i do...steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: FOOTDOC YOU OWE ME A BIG APOLOGY!!

btw....all my fish i had were coho's ronnie...like i thought...the reason you thought they were browns because they were so big for cohos...and thats a fact!!(ron kept sayin the fish i was keepin were browns...and i kept thinkin they looked like cohos...except one he put back was a brown...let me know if all those you kept were cohos ron)...i just hate braggin like this
Old 03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
fishing wolf

steve, where were you fishing in the ditch? what did you catch the fish on? thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Footdoc 1

Now that stevie petsvet has had his chance to stake his claim on our fishing today, let me tell you all the truth! Mr. Negative, alias vetspet, is yapping all the way down the ditch as to we are never gonna get out and fishing is not gonna be good. Geez, I thought I had Eeorr from Winnie the pooh on board! Just before I left home, I talked with son Eric and he reminded me that a jig and twister is a great technique when casting in the ditch. Well, we get to the mouth of the ditch and it was completely iced in. There was the usual lagoon basin at the mouth and Mr. Negative dropps his cheap-$$$ anchors(tide plastic bottles) and we begin DRIFTING in other people's way. I kept my hood up and sun glasses on so I could not be identified. So Mr. Negative is looking over his arsenal and I flip on a 1/4 oz chartruse northland jig with a 3" berkley white power bait grub and slowly lift/drop and retrieve and before Mr. Negative can figure out the bird nest in his $200 Johnny Morris reel, I asked him politely to GET THE NET! It was a small brown that went back. So, after I caught 5 fish in a row, Mr. Negative STOLE one of my jigs and twister tails and "SNAGGED" one and got all happy about himself. He was so dang happy, I thought he just might wet himself! From that point on, he was non stop blabber. Reminded me of my little sisters chatty kathy doll - only I don't know what pulled the ring/string on Mr. Negative's back unless it was that first fish he caught! Actually, we had an awesome day on the water. I caught my SIXTEEN cohos on the jig/twister combo and a crankbait from Kevin Van Da*n in chartruse retrieved slowly. Stevie, Mr. Negative, Wonder SNAGGED his FOUR fish on MY JIG/TWISTER combo (COPY CAT) and he was throwing a #5 firetiger jointed shad rap. By the way Mr. Negative, all my fish were coho's and cleaned up beautifully. The racoons will be attacking the garden tonight where I buried the remains of the cohos.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Keeper

as i thought, there is a disagreement about who won the day. i think the two of you make a good comedy team. i enjoy reading about your exploits together because there seems to be no consensus about anything you do. keep competing with each other, it makes for good and funny reading...pepe
Old 03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Keeper

one more thing to add. footdoc, you are operating under bad circumstances. if you fish lake michigan, vetspet lives closer to the landing and can get to his computer first and can claim victory before you can. if you can get a laptop computer and have it in your car ready to go you might beat him to w/c....pepe
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Wallhanger

yeh...i had fun too but hate to admit it....all day long i had to listen to stories about old lady's feet problems and how ron had to clip their toenails and how exiting that was....steve
Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Minnow

Dog "samples" or toenails? What a choice of topics.
I must defend Footdoc. I had the pleasure of being on an Erie charter with him last May and the "toenail" subject never came up once. He did bring his boat up and we went out the next morning in between charters. I was only concerned a couple of times; once when he started looking around and said, " Do you think this is the firing range?" and the other was when we started heading toward where he thought the marina was, squinting into the sun, and says, "I think we came out over there somewhere". I highly recommend ya get a GPS, Doc. LOL