Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
FISHER Boats - another one cracked - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 05-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Rapala Paul

Default RE: FISHER Boats - another one cracked

my boat started with one small crack on the out side left front then it turned in to 7 cracks and a hole i could put my finger in when on eof the dealers went out of buss i had to take my own pictures to send to the factory rep I tried to fell the boat with water with 2 garden hoses the water was comming out faster then i could put it in . If i was you i would sell it as fast as you can i talked to over ten people just in the state of mich. With the same problem.If any one would like to see the 15 second video of the boat leaking i can send you it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2003, 10:41 AM
King Fish

Let me get this straight, Boats are cracking all around you fisher...tracker....tahoe....AND you are still thinking about buying one?!!!! I got a better idea. Take your money ball it up and throw it in the lake. Why is everybody so quick to tread lightly around the tracker lineup? the boats are junk always have been always will be. end of sentence.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:59 PM
FshnFnatic

How many posts have you seen about a Lund leaking? Nuff said.FNF
Old 05-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Minnow

I also went thru the Tracker Nightmare. 1 year of payments with no boat and five holes in the hull (welded). Sent it back to the factory, they fixed it according to "their satisfaction". Had a couple of blobs of weld on the outside of the hull. Looked like crap!! They told me "that was the way they fixed them and they were not going to give me a new one. If they gave everybody a new boat that had problems with them they would be out of business". Well duh, it is because they sell such crappy boats. If they had to replace all their defects and actually take care of their customers, they WOULD have to go out of business. Tracker is about QUANTITY, NOT quality. My motto is "If it don't leak, it ain't a Tracker.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Minnow

Is there any satisfied owners of Tracker or Fisher boats? THey all can't be bad!
Old 05-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Runner, I have friends who have trackers, and they like them.

If you want to see something interesting, go to the USCG recall database.

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/recalls_database.htm

Type a few brands in the company space. Lund has very few, same with most of the big names.

Then type in Tracker. You tell me what you find.
Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Keeper

Wow, what a good reference. I was surprised to see how few Alumacraft had; less than Lund. Then Tracker has 2 pages...ouch!

Also checked out Godfrey Marine, and saw they had a problem with fuel filler fittings cracking on some models in the mid 90's. It's definitely something I will question the factory on; 'before' ordering.

Cool link. Thanks!!!

TB
Old 05-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Lets be fair

Fisher had two recalls and Lund had three. Each had one that had to do with OEM suppliers not the construction of the boat. Based on this though Lund is junk, right?
Old 05-24-2003, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

Actually, the fuel fitting recall was from the supplier or the part, it affected many manufacturers. I remember when that was going around. It was big news at the time.
Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:23 AM
Minnow

perchjerker, great reference! Definitely interesting. I know my boat was built by Tracker, but, it didn't have many recalls. I wonder if it is built a little different. I crawled under my boat the other day and everything looks good. Of the guy's having troubles, nobody has stated their conditions. Are they out hammering 4 foot waves all the time, trailering 50 miles of backcountry roads. Staying on highways and calm water and having these problems. I have seen alot of boats going down the rode just packed full of extra gear! I don't believe they are made for that. I'm going to keep an eye on my boat I always take great care of my stuff. If anything happens I'll have to duke it out then. I can't sell it and come out right and go look for another boat. I bought this boat because I thought I was getting the best boat for the money I had. I can't afford the money for a lund, maybe someday, but not now.