Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
cracking in transom of Tracker Targa 2000 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 06-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Tom Ogorchock

Default cracking in transom of Tracker Targa 2000

I am an attorney in Wisconsin representing a fisherman who purchased a Tracker Targa 2000, model year 2000. The boat developed cracks in the transom. Has anyone experienced similar problems with that boat, or does anyone know of anyone who has experienced similar problems? Our information is that this is not an isolated problem. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: cracking in transom of Tracker Targa 2000

Where were the cracks located and were they in the gel coat or in the fiberglass? What motor is on the boat?

On a related topic. Has anyone with another brand of glass boat (with the built-in set-back) had/seen this occur?

Tim
Old 06-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Tom Ogorchock

The cracking was in the fiberglass. Unfortunately, I don't know the type of motor that was used. I'll post it if I find out. By the way, if anyone would rather send a confidential reply, our e-mail address is MandOLaw@aol.com. Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Wallhanger

Like the post above said, is it a gelcoat crack or a deep crack that goes into the plywood or composite transom material? Can anyone tell us what kind of material the transom is made out of? As his attorney, what have your local experts said? Have you gone to a couple of specialty fiberglass repair shops to get opinions on whether or not it is a deep crack or gelcoat cracking. Did the boat have a jackplate on it?
Old 06-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

Sounds like the makings of a troll....
Old 06-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Slot Fish

I have sold many of these boats and have not seen this problem on the Targa 2000 or the Targa 1900. I currently fish with guys who are running them and have had no problems with cracks. All these boats are running with 225 optimax and kickers on the transom. Seen many of them on some of the worst water( SAGINAW BAY) and have not seen any problems. Douglas Moore Tracker Marine Boat Centers MI
Old 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Wallhanger

Nope, It's not a Yar-Craft ;)
Old 06-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Charter Member

Why in the world would an attorney be representing a fellow who happened to have a crack in his boat.
Send the boat to tracker and get the boat fixed or get a new boat.

Too many folks thing that they have to get crazy when simple little things happen.

Take care and be safe
REW
Old 06-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro-v

Spoken like a true dealer.Its a little thing to a dealer who did not pay $20,000 or better for a boat.That was a bad statement.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:47 AM
MK

Great, just what we need, ambulance chasers advertising for business on a fishing website. I'm sure he's trying to "help the little guy" when he puts 80-90% of any settlement in his and his partners pockets and the little guy keeps the rest. The boat owners will get a coupon for a fishing lure and the lawyers will get millions in fees.

Trolling for suckers for a class action lawsuit, sounds like to me.

If he had a decent case, he wouldn't be advertising.