Lac Seul

TomPGrouse
12-10-2001, 08:07 AM
I have made up my mind to try Lac Seul. We will be going the third week of July. I want a place for about $300-350 per week. No meals and want to take my own boat. We are interested in catching a lot of fish, walleyes, small mouth, northerns, and muskies in that order. How about some advice?

Thanks,
Tom

2DOGS
12-10-2001, 08:29 AM
First bit of advice would be to increase your budget unless you are looking for a camping spot. From your post it appears there will be more than 1 person, haven't heard of any camps that are that cheap!

TomPGrouse
12-10-2001, 10:21 AM
300/350 person per week.

Mick
12-10-2001, 12:40 PM
When you find it let me know.

TomPGrouse
12-10-2001, 01:24 PM
There are many places in Ontario that are in this price range. We fish:and do not want to spend time in the lodge at a fancy place. We are looking for a clean place where everything works and not much more. Am I out of luck on this body of water? The place we usually go to north of Savant Lake is very nice and resonably priced. We are just looking for some new water. Half the fun is finding the fish the other half is catching them.

jimbo
12-10-2001, 05:22 PM
Try one of two places. Deerpath lodge on lake vermillion. you can then fish vermillion or lacsuel. Rick is really a nice guy willing to help in any way. Give him a try he has a web page with info. or else3 try Lost Island lodge on lacsuel.
If you need more help e-mail me
Jimbo

Mp3553
12-10-2001, 07:16 PM
Try Goosebay on the NW side by Earfalls. Sounds like this is the place for you. Give Andrea a call @ 1-800-667-5208. Tell her Mike/Jo said hi!

Nate W.
12-14-2001, 11:32 AM
We stay at Scout Lake Resort which is connected to Lac Seul via a channel. But the price range you're looking for is going to be tough on Lac Seul. They all average about $400 to $450 pre person for a week for the type of plan you're looking for. If your heart is set on Lac Seul, you'll probably have to increase you budget.

mp3553
12-15-2001, 08:04 PM
Hey Nate....
Got any plans for this up coming season???
Got mine booked > last 2 weeks in May for this guy. Only 5 months to go....
Your about due for another trip!
Have a great holiday!

Lonnie Jensen
12-16-2001, 10:03 PM
We stay at Abram Lake Park which is on Abram Lake , part of the chain , but not directly on Lac Seul. We trailer over to Deception Landing an go out from there. We like the facilities at Abram Park, very nice cabins etc., very very nice courteous staff. The price is reasonable and in your range too.

Good Luck , Lonnie

The Great Guide
12-17-2001, 09:38 AM
Most of the Ear Falls Resorts are in your price range. Goose Bay, Golden Fawn and Evergreen are good choices. All are full service and the owners will point you in the direction of the fish. I like Lac Suel in July & August because the weather is nicer and the winds are calmer. Fishing is also excellent. If you have never been to Lac Suel, the one thing to know is that it is big water and can blow up big time. Be sure to bring the cards because you could be beached for a day or two. You may also want to plan on a few extra dollars for fuel.

Lac Suel is one of my favroite destinations.

TGG

The Great Guide
12-18-2001, 02:55 PM
Check this web site
www.goldenfawn.com/

They have posted their rates at $265 per person for a party of 4, includes boat. I've stayed there and it is a very nice place.

TGG

Riley
12-18-2001, 10:49 PM
To TomPGrouse
You mentioned you used to go to a place north of Savant Lake. Did this happen to be Pashkagogen lake? If so, how was the fishing and the acomadations. Was there back in the mid ninties wasn't bad for the price back then. Would like to hear back from you on this, thanks.

TomPGrouse
12-19-2001, 11:21 AM
No this is not the lake we go to.

gary
12-20-2001, 11:13 AM
Can't disagree with any of the other posts. One place that you might try that would fit your price range is Goldpines camp.

BD
12-26-2001, 05:39 AM
Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier. I have not fished Lac Seul but hear it is good water. If you are stuck at the $300-$350 price range you may still want to consider Press Lake. This last year a housekeeping cabin went for $165 each person with a four person minimum per cabin. Press Lake will put you in water with really good walleye and northern fishing but you will be out of luck for muskie. If you have any questions you can email me at davetntn@netscape.net

TomPGrouse
01-04-2002, 06:41 AM
Any more advice?

Dave
01-04-2002, 12:42 PM
I would check out Winoga Lodge on Lake Abram which is near Sioux Lookout. They have a website. It is on an island and they charge 55.00 a day per person if you have your own boat. Access to numerous lakes and fishing is great. It has been in the same family since early 70's and the owner(Dick)will make sure you catch fish. Our first time there was last Sept and we have already booked this coming May and possibly Sept. I just want to emphasize that the owners are outdoors people. If they have nothing to do you will see Dick out fishing by himself and it is a sure bet he will put you on to the fish. their website is www.winogalodge.com. It would be worth a phone call.

TomPGrouse
01-06-2002, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the advice. If anyone has some more ideas let me know.

Ken Wewers
01-06-2002, 03:39 PM
We go up to Ear Falls. Stay in the cheap town hotel for 25 bucks a night. 2 Miles to the lake access. You can plug in your boat every night to charge your batteries. Also a restraunt in town, but who cares about that when you have all the walleye you can eat! Great fishing only about a 10-15 minute boat ride to some nice lunkers:)

TomPGrouse
01-09-2002, 07:54 AM
Any smallmouth or muskies in your area?

Kenneth Wewers
01-09-2002, 05:08 PM
I do not know seen lots of large Northerns, and possibly muskies, no smallmouth though.

chharlowjohnson@yahoo.com
02-10-2002, 02:49 PM
go to counry camping and camping rustic cabins right next to lac seul on vermillion lake had a great time and killed the walleyes

Master Angler
10-17-2006, 11:19 PM
There a quite a few places to stay on lac seul, but take caution when navigating, this lake is an awesome fishery, but very dangerous lots of reefs, and I mean lots. When the Ministry did there creel count on Lac Seul, they found the best fishing was done in vaughn lake, But even on this lake you still need to know the spots, I was on this lake about a dozen time this summer, each time my boat with 8 guys sometimes 11 of us we would burn up between thirty dozen to fifty dozen minnows by 4o'clock. I always stayed in sioux lookout at Winoga and navigated my way there, even a few time I had Dick Mansfield guide me on the lake, the fishing on Lac Seul is like no other, The lake even has great muskie fishing as well.

Steve of madison
10-20-2006, 12:07 PM
This vine started on Dec. of 2001. I hope you all had a good time....5-6 years ago.

JDP
10-20-2006, 12:30 PM
"Steve of madison" I hear you...and noticed that "Master Angler" dug out a few golden oldies.

Fishoil
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I've been going to Pash for nearly 10 years. It's still a good numbers lake, but if you're trophy hunting you'd be better off on St. Joe or Lac Seul.