whats with this trolling and sucker!

chad
10-15-2001, 11:07 AM
OK i here alot about fishing on a none trolling lake while draging a sucker. trolling not trolling??
So that means if i'm fishing with out a sucker and casting, i'm not trolling because i'm turning the handle on my real.
Is it trolling while dragging a sucker when my trolling motor is in the water but not on?
Is it trolling when i'm only casting and i have an itch on my butt and i have to scratch it and my lure starts to move from the movment of the trolling motor??
It sounds like to fine of a line for some one to be ticketed for a sucker out behind them while casting!!

Chad

DocEsox
10-15-2001, 11:58 AM
Chad....it's definitely a violation if you take time to scratch that itch on your butt!! You must reel in the sucker or take your trolling motor out of the water first. Then, and only then, is it okay to itch the hind quarters. Unless, of course, it is a full moon following the autumnal equinox three days before Jupiter aligns with Mars (yep, the whole Aquarius thing)....in this case you scratch indiscriminately all day long!!

BrianW

Kid Derringer
10-16-2001, 08:24 AM
Hear, Hear!
As stated in the last meeting on the 12th. We are looking into this question being asked on the who, what and whys or wheres of this notable finding. As to if it is legal or not legle to scratch ones own butt while trolling a sucker or reeling? It is trolling as it is clearly stated in the section on do's and don'ts of our manifest dates 1-1-01. As to what will be done to anyone caught and when is all up to the board of directors and there wifes who are all in Vegas right now reflecting on the wonders of owning a back yard pool. Lunch will be served at the next meeting or you can bring your own. Other highlights of the findings of and by the last commity inclued sucker size is not a factor in these laws or it would be a case that needs to be discussed in a adhock commity to find out just what is being asked of this board and its memebers. As we have said before we believe in everything we do and don't do, for it all has reason. Any one not finding these findings true or to complexe should come to the next hearing at Elmoes, and put forth there advise or visions on these issiues as is the nature of the way we like to handle all of these very messy dealings. Lunch is before the hearing and dancers will be from 11 to noon. On the table also will be a motion for higher wages for commity members and tickets givers or officers of said sucker and butt pickers and alocations of funds raised from sucker sales at Biffs bait and tackle and Beer sales form the lunchons. This was voted on last year and will no doubt pass again this season, before most of the real work is laid to rest and put into effect post hast so All who find this in order can say Elvis rules, money is our God and be done with it so we can hit the bar and enjoy the day. Fines MUST be paid in full and time served dose not count. This is a very complete and adventuras matter and needs much to do on thinking and meeting on the postion we should take, but will not determine what positin will really be taken until everyone has had there say and all is mentioned on this and all matters brought up before Elmoes and the Board. Anything other than this or addded to this is mearly a sub note worthly only of mention and will be discussed as such until something really cool or expensive happens under or with the abouve mentioned Claim or issiue, then it is only a matter of voting to deside the out come and put it into effect what has already been determined!

Section #2, File 77, page 2.

Bear
10-16-2001, 09:14 AM
Chad I have posted this ? before and never gotten an honest answer. Most of the time it depends on the warden you encounter. I don't find it trolling at all. I am casting and using my trolling motor to position my boat while bobber fishing with a sucker. Now if I was continually moving around the lake or a certain area and never letting off of the motor, well then it would be considered trolling. From what I am coming to find out it is a judgement call. We fish this way all the time on the Turtle and and other small lakes in the Mercer area and never have had any wardens bother us about it. Now we have had landowners on the lake say we are trolling well all I told him was call the warden otherwise shut the #%@* up!

Later,

Bear