"Registered Guest"

Juls
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't like that everyone who doesn't log in or use a name uses "registered guest" as a name. At least with the old board they had to come up with something, and they usually kept the same anonymous name, so we could get a feel for them. Now it's too generic.

Can we get the programmers to make it so the anonymous users need to put in something for a name other than registered guest?

thanks,
Juls

Golden
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Yea, you told me already....remember ;-)

It's not an option that I can find so it would have to be custom programming and I'll "put it on the list" as soon as I can find a competent PHP programmer.

The guys that did this install/custom won't be doing any more work for me, I had to pay them and then pay someone to fix it.

My regular programmers are swamped so if I can find one I will, otherwise we'll have to wait until one of them comes available.

Juls
07-31-2008, 06:28 AM
[quote=Golden;1046299]Yea, you told me already....remember ;-)quote]

I know I did...I'm not that old yet. ;)

I was looking to get some other feed back besides MY opinion, so you could decide what the masses want.

If they don't mind it, then you don't have to pay or wait for your programmers to do the extra work, just because I don't like it.

Juls

karpbuster
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I am with you on that Juls, I just thought it was the same guy over and over. LOL

I had a feel for certain unregistered users as well, it don't make em bad fellers, just unregistered, then you know who you think you are talking to.

karpbuster

AllenW
07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Add me to your list Juls

Having a herd of registered guests makes it confusing at times

Al

KHedquist
07-31-2008, 12:43 PM
I am always confused

Golden
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
OK.....that is fixed.
The space is empty now so people have to enter something before they can post so now....there isn't hundreds of "unregistered guests"

One down......

Juls
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks Boss Man! Very Cool!

Juls

RANGER
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
:cheers: