Problem with drop down menus

karpbuster
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Golden,

Stinkycat's problem with the drop down menu from the home page, "Message Board" is true for me and two PC's I have tested with Explorer at work. You can't see the bottom of the menu. I can mitigate the issue and make it worse if I re-size my browser window smaller or better if larger, but at the largest setting I still miss the last line "Chat Site" and see only "Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles". I know the last line because I have an excellent memory ... NOT, while in the message board the same menu is fully viewable on a PC with explorer but not on a Mac with Safari/Fire Fox.

That part of the web page seems to be from the old pages and there may be menu size issue.

Thanks,

karpbuster

Juls
08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
That's my issue too...
It's only on the homepage's message board drop down menu.
At the bottom I can only see half of "Rifles". Nothing below that. On the regular pages though, it's all visible.

Juls

Golden
08-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I see that too....let me work on it.
Never noticed it before

stinkycat
09-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Any progress on this issue? Would like to visit the archery forum and others that I can not see.

Thanks!

Golden
09-07-2008, 09:30 PM
It's on the list and you can visit any of the forums by clicking the Message Board link at the top of the page (the link itself, not the drop down) or you can go to the bottom of this page and go to any of the other forums via that drop down menu.

It is on the list of things to get done....hang in there.

Scott

stinkycat
09-08-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks Scott, did not realize the other two options you gave me were available. Need to get my eyes checked.

Thanks Again.

Golden
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
This has been fixed

stinkycat
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks Scott,

But it is only fixed on the home page. When I am in any other forum the bottom of some of the menus are still not visible.

Example: When I am in the General Discussion forum "Chatsite" is not visible under Message Board.

Example: When I am in the General Discussion forum "WC Gear" is not visible under Features.

Thought you would want to know.

Thanks!

Golden
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
It works for me in both those places.....so?????

I'm using IE6.0 and Firefox 2.0

Not sure about IE7.0, I don't use it because it sucks ;-)

But I'll try to find a machine that has it

stinkycat
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I am using Safari 3.1.2
Not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks!

Golden
09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm not familiar with Safari.....is that a Mac product????

stinkycat
09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Yes, it is a Mac browsier. I e-mailed Karpbuster and I am waiting for a reply. He also uses Mac's with Safari.

Thanks!

karpbuster
09-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I have safari and firefox and it works for both now.

Safari 3.1.2

Firefox 3.0.1

Thanks Scott.

karpbuster

karpbuster
09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Yes, it is a Mac browsier. I e-mailed Karpbuster and I am waiting for a reply. He also uses Mac's with Safari.

Thanks!
Hey Stinkycat I did not get your e-mail ... but it is working for me on Safari and Firefox.

I use firefox mostly, but I tried it and it works on Safari 3.1.2 for me.

You and I have the same setup so it should work, try the Safari pull down menu, Reset Safari ... be sure and un-check the "Remove saved names and passwords".

karpbuster

stinkycat
09-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey Karpbuster,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I did as you said with no success. On the home page all is fine but as soon as I go to any of the forums the drop downs for the headings "message board" and "features" is partially hidden.

Not sure what to try next.

Take Care!

karpbuster
09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
What is the last item you see on the menu? I would try firefox too, you can download for free @

http://www.mozilla.com

Sure is weird for sure, the firefox will tell us if there is java/html procedure that is not working. Everything the same version etc and your Mac is up-to-date. If yours is like mine it stays up-to-date despite me.

This is what I see:

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/album.php?albumid=57&pictureid=602

karpbuster

stinkycat
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Karpbuster.....Ya...I forgot how you told me to take a snap shot of my screen... but under the message board heading the last words I see is "Rifles, Etc.".... under the Features heading the last whole words are "Memeber Photos" and then I see the top 1/4 of the letters for WC Gear.

Thanks!

SPH

stinkycat
09-12-2008, 07:54 PM
I tried Firefox and it seems to work fine. The tool bar menu, User CP....All Albums...FAQ...etc., is different but that could be because I was not logged in in Firefox...not sure though.

Thanks!

karpbuster
09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Well does fire fox work ... or should I keep working on what is going on?

I tend to lean towards Firefox ... at work Safari blows up going to MSN, but I have switched to GMAIL anyways.

karpbuster

stinkycat
09-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Karpbuster,

It would be great if we could figure out why it only fixed part of the problem on Safari. Safari is the one I use almost 100% but if need be I can live with it the way it is. Also, what do you think about Mac laptops compared to windows machines? Thinking on getting one in the near future.

Thanks!

karpbuster
09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I think they are more cost effective in that the software is 100% better, and right now with the Student or Teacher deals they are a rocking deal with a free iPod Touch and free printer @ $1,000 for the low end Mac book plenty of ram and disc. I have a Mac Book pro (had a bad battery, but Apple replaced for free), an Imac and my daughter now has a Mac Book and iPod Touch. One happy family so far. I have the Airport Express in my house, so everyone can sit where ever and compute. The Apple Store is great, free classes. Living large. :)

You can get a unix OS laptop for $250 ... so it all comes down to what you need and want.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000260032%204018&name=%24200%20-%20%24300

karpbuster