I'm kinda complaining

JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
01-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Golden:
During the approx. combination of 100+ threads & posts that I
have submitted since April 2009, there has been multiple times that
my threads or posts do not make the "New Posts" line-up. What I have done in the past is author the thread or post, submit it & then
check the "New Posts" forum obviously from my computer. There have numerous times it doesn't go to "New Posts". I will have to go to the specific forum to see it. My latest frustration is a "General Topic" THREAD that I posted last night on the subject of Bill Krejca.
What am I doing wrong, that some of these replies are not making the "New Posts" destination???
Not that my input to the website is that earth shaking, but
when one takes the time to participate, allowing as much exposure
to being read is important to some of us.

BGunn
01-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Because YOU have already see your post, it won't show up as a new post to you.

It will show up as a new post for everyone else..

Hot Runr Guy
01-12-2011, 07:04 AM
John,
Your "I met" thread showed up in my new posts thread. What is going on, I believe, is since YOU created the thread, the forum does not see it as a "new" post to you, since obviously, you've seen it already. I just checked, there are no responses to to it, so it has not been refreshed as a new post yet, for you.

HRG

Golden
01-12-2011, 09:30 AM
John.....I have told you this same thing over and over and over and over.

You made the post, it WILL NOT show as a new post to you......it's NOT new to you....you created it.

Everyone else will see it as a new post.

I don't know any other way to tell you the same thing over and over and over.

The message board is working perfectly, your posts will show as new posts to people that have not seen them yet.

They WILL NOT show as a new post to you because YOU created them.

I really can't explain it any other way......and I've explained this to you several times already.

I can't do anything else for you.

JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, I remember one other time that you took the time to explain the situation to me. But, if that is the way the system works, I can respect that, & I won't comment anymore. But the fact still remains that there have been times when I have been able to view the Post or Thread immediately after posting. I guess I forgot your explanation.

Golden
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not upset John.....I just don't know what else I can tell you.

You keep asking the same question......and I keep telling you the same thing.

We have had this conversation several times.

I don't know what else I can do.

Nothing has changed, it never did what you think it did and it won't do what you want it to do.

Your post will NEVER show as a new post because you made it........

It is what it is.........

I wish I could make it work the way you want it to work but I can't.

But you keep asking me the same question.........

I keep giving you the same answer.

The ONLY way that you can view your post as a New Post is to go to a friends house and view it from a different computer under a different account and IP address.

It will not do that for you at the same computer under the same account.

Sorry if it "sounded" like I'm upset........I'm not.......I just don't have another answer for you other than the one I keep giving you.

rebs
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
John
When someone else responds to your post you will see thier post as a new post in your thread. You will not see your own post as a new post, only the responses to it. When I post I do not see my own post as a new posty, I only see it as a new post after someone responds to it.
I hope this helps

Golden
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
That is a very good point and one that I didn't consider.

Thanks for the help Rebs.

Esoxchaser
01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
If you want to admire your handiwork, go to quick links on the top right, then click on "todays posts".

Juls
01-12-2011, 07:09 PM
If you want to admire your handiwork, go to quick links on the top right, then click on "todays posts".

Yepper....That's the only one I use...I never use "new posts".

Juls

AllenW
01-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Personally I think it's the bold type....:D

Al