Instant Email Notifications Not Working!!!

rpr
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
I have been using this site for years but it is becoming difficult as the instant email notifications do not work for me.

I have double and triple checked my settings and everything is correct, and the notifications are not getting caught in my SPAM filter.'

Help?

Golden
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
You don't want to hear this but......yes they are getting caught in a SPAM filter.....there is no other explanation.

Well...one other possible explanation is your email address is incorrect in your registration, otherwise.....there are no other explanations.

If you choose the instant email notification and your email is correct then it is being blocked.....it's that simple.

If it is not your SPAM filter blocking the email then call your internet provider and tell them to quit blocking it......it is either them or you.

Honestly.....

Fishoil
07-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I also stopped recieving email notifications of PM's a few weeks ago also. I checked all my settings on WC and through my ISP and can't find any reason that they should have stopped.

Are you sure it's not on WC's end Scott?

Golden
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I am absolutely sure that WC is sending the emails if you have that option selected.

Call your Internet Provider and tell them to add WalleyeCentral.com to their "whitelist" and stop blocking our emails that are sent from the server.

Juls
07-17-2012, 03:58 AM
I also stopped recieving email notifications of PM's a few weeks ago also. I checked all my settings on WC and through my ISP and can't find any reason that they should have stopped.

Notifications are working for me....I got some yesterday, so it isn't on WC's end.

It's on your end.

Juls

Fishoil
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Juls or Scott - Can you double check my settings for me to make sure they are correct. If they are I'll call the "good folks" at Time Warner and check with them, but they're usually worthless as far as support goes.

Golden
07-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Your settings are just like everyone else, I checked.

You need to be sure that you are in fact "subscribed" and set to "receive instant email notification" for that specific thread.

Just clicking the subscribed will not automatically send emails, you have to pick that option.

If you are absolutely positive you are set to receive instant email notification, then it definitely is on your end of things.

jopes
07-21-2012, 02:23 PM
They are working fine for me.

rpr
09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Golden:

I just spent over an hour on the phone with my ISP...AT&T...you can imagine how that went...

Unfortunately, the reality of the situation for me is that the only way to fix this is if you or your IP administrator who know the IP address that your emails originate from request that they not block them by going to the following website:

www.att.net/blocks

Then click on "Tools for Administrators of mail systems whose messages have been blocked" and a template will pop up where you just need to enter company name, IP address, and a couple other things.

I hate to ask this, but I enjoy this site and this forum.

Is there any way you can do this?

Just One More Cast
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
My phone email always shows up before my PC's.
Do you have more then one computer or a phone they are going to that does not keep them on the server?

Just One More Cast
09-13-2012, 04:17 PM

Actually I'm not getting ALL of mine I'm subscribed to either. It surprised me to see all the messages on a couple threads when I thought I had seen them all. Checked all PC's & phone but no notifications for "just some" of them. None in spam or trash.

rpr
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't get the notifications on any if my devices...phones, laptops, PC or even in the Att/yahoo web mail access.

Even ATT felt that their servers were blocking the emails, but I can't lift the block, the request needs to come from WalleyeCentral with IP info.

Golden
09-14-2012, 01:19 PM
@ Just One More Cast
If you are getting "some" emails then you are getting them all. IF you are subscribed with "instant email notification" those emails are ALWAYS sent, ALWAYS....not now and then....every time. So if you are not getting them then you are blocking them.....they ARE being sent...promise.

@rpr
We are changing DNS on the site in the next few days so that might clear things up for you. Give it a few days and then let me know if it is still not working. Changing the DNS changes the IP address.

We are doing this to stop hackers/SPAM.....changing it now and then

Just One More Cast
09-17-2012, 12:03 AM
As of 9/15 I'm seeing all of them come thru now.

rpr
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Golden:

Still no luck for me.

Can you please help?

Rich

Golden:

I just spent over an hour on the phone with my ISP...AT&T...you can imagine how that went...

Unfortunately, the reality of the situation for me is that the only way to fix this is if you or your IP administrator who know the IP address that your emails originate from request that they not block them by going to the following website:

www.att.net/blocks

Then click on "Tools for Administrators of mail systems whose messages have been blocked" and a template will pop up where you just need to enter company name, IP address, and a couple other things.

I hate to ask this, but I enjoy this site and this forum.

Is there any way you can do this?

Just One More Cast
10-01-2012, 08:38 PM
RPR

Try opening a Gmail, yahoo etc. account and change your WC acct email address and see what happens.

Golden
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
RPR.....are you SURE you have checked the email option when you subscribed?

If everyone else is getting the alerts and you are not.....it's you.....ya know.

PM me your password and I will login as you and see what is up.

rpr
10-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Sent you a PM.

I just received the first notification from the board since I have had my current @att.net email address.

The notification was from another thread (on the Triton Fish Hunter 216).

Did you happen to change anything...completed the new server settings you mentioned?