How are WC Classifieds Billed to CC?

GuitarMan
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
I posted an ad on WC for my boat, my cc statement said "AutoForums" and included a foreign transaction charge of $0.49 . . . since I didn't think this was a legit charge I disputed it with my cc company (still in dispute) . . . but now when I just renewed by boat ad, I see the invoice said AutoForums again.

So I guess this is a legit company you use to process payments?

If so, I'd respectfully request you perhaps explain that as one of your FAQ's in the classified section. Otherwise a charge like that on a cc bill appears fishy.

If I missed that explanation somewhere on your site I apologize.

Cheers,

Steve

Juls
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
I haven't got a clue. I have alerted the admin to your post, so you should get an answer tomorrow sometime.

GuitarMan
02-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks, will look forward to their reply.

Cheers,

Steve

modadmin
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
If so, I'd respectfully request you perhaps explain that as one of your FAQ's in the classified section. Otherwise a charge like that on a cc bill appears fishy.

I haven't got a clue. I have alerted the admin to your post, so you should get an answer tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for bringing this up. Juls, can you edit the FAQ to explain PayPal invoices will appear as "AutoForums"? Thanks.

~Alan
Community Support

Juls
02-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. Juls, can you edit the FAQ to explain PayPal invoices will appear as "AutoForums"? Thanks.

~Alan
Community Support

Sorry, I don't have access to that area. You'll have to do it, or have Scott do it.

Also, what is the .49 charge for that the OP asked about?

modadmin
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Sorry, I don't have access to that area. You'll have to do it, or have Scott do it.

Also, what is the .49 charge for that the OP asked about?

The amount charged for posting the ad.

...foreign transaction charge...

Also, the site owners are based in Canada, not the US. Is that what you meant by foreign charge?

~Alan
Community Support