WC and IPad issues

Tim_Kelly
09-07-2013, 02:56 AM
For some reason just in the last couple of days looking at WC on my mk1 IPad has become a chore. I have to press the back button umpteen times to get it to go back to the previous page. It only happens on WC not on any other forums or websites. Anyone got any suggestions?

eyedoktr
09-07-2013, 04:48 AM
I have had the same problem. Not only with WC but a couple other sites as well. I thought it was just my first gen iPad.

Update. I just realized that I have the same thing going on with my iMac except I don't have to hit back every time. I can click on back arrow and scroll down a few to the thread I was looking at.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Moderators send this post to your webmaster you have website issues with mobile OS surfing.

There definitely is a problem. Here is what I find on an iPad 1 and iPad 3. Same thing happens to my Android. It is a "mobile" OS issue. My desktop Mac running OS X 10.8.4 has no issues.

The upper drop down menu where Home, Message Board, Information, Leader Board, Classifieds, Features, and Videos doesn't work right. Normally you hit Message Board and a drop down menu drops down waiting for you to make a choice where to go. NOW it auto sends you instantly to to the address below and the drop down menu pulls right back up in a 1/2 a second. You are basically "option less" and are forced to the index page below.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php

Juls
09-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Moderators send this post to your webmaster you have website issues with mobile OS surfing.

There definitely is a problem. Here is what I find on an iPad 1 and iPad 3. Same thing happens to my Android. It is a "mobile" OS issue. My desktop Mac running OS X 10.8.4 has no issues.

The upper drop down menu where Home, Message Board, Information, Leader Board, Classifieds, Features, and Videos doesn't work right. Normally you hit Message Board and a drop down menu drops down waiting for you to make a choice where to go. NOW it auto sends you instantly to to the address below and the drop down menu pulls right back up in a 1/2 a second. You are basically "option less" and are forced to the index page below.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php

Hmmm....I was just surfing on my iphone and it seems to work just fine. Your alert automatically is sent to one of the admins too. He can take a look at it.

epiepenburg
09-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I too experienced the same thing yesterday, first time I have had the issue.

LLewellin
09-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Got the problem right now with my Ipad and MacBook Pro.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Got the problem right now with my Ipad and MacBook Pro.

What is happening with your Macbook Pro? Is it doing as what I described in my above post that is only happening to MY mobile OS based units? What browser are you using?

If it is Safari, go to the upper left of screen by the little Apple symbol. While being "in "safari" there should be the word "Safari" next to the Apple symbol. Hit Safari and then hit "reset Safari" You will get a window and check ALL and reset. You will not lose any bookmarks or anything impartant. You will need to log into WC again . Then see if that fixed your problem on your Macbook Pro.

Android Guy
09-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Huh.

No problem on Nexus 4 or my daughter's Kindle Fire HD.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Huh.

Oh yea, you have a problem. And it only has just begun . ;)

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9241596/New_Android_malware_is_being_distributed_through_m obile_ad_networks?pageNumber=1

http://www.technewsdaily.com/18078-android-windows-malware.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/06/android_malware_spotting_hitching_a_ride_on_mobile _botnet/

K Gonefishin
09-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm having the same issue this morning on my iPad 2

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 09:55 AM
It is now fixed on my iPads. You still have to tap twice, that is very common on a lot of sites and programs. Once to drop down the drop down menu and the next to make the drop down menu "hot", then you pick what's in the menu.

I wonder if Apple uses this as a security feature. It stops auto loading of links and I-frames. Which adds to security.

Hehe
09-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Huh.

Hehe, doesn't it suck when u brag and it blows up in your face!

How
09-07-2013, 05:53 PM
It is now fixed on my iPads. You still have to tap twice, that is very common on a lot of sites and programs. Once to drop down the drop down menu and the next to make the drop down menu "hot", then you pick what's in the menu.

I wonder if Apple uses this as a security feature. It stops auto loading of links and I-frames. Which adds to security.

How did u fix it I still have the menu problem.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 06:12 PM
How did u fix it I still have the menu problem.

Let me guess, iPad 1????

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Both my iPad 3 works as they should. My iPad 1 does not. I enabled the developer debugger and it is having JavaScript errors. The problem is I have such a locked down network that even by turning off all my "stuff" I still can trust I am being filtered and getting false JavaScipt errors.

I need someone with an iPad 1 to enable the developer console and see if the errors match mine.

Here is what you have to do. iPad 1 only.

Setting> Safari> Advanced> debug console.

Then there will be a bar in safari that will show you the errors. Please post what you found.

eyedoktr
09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Both my iPad 3 works as they should. My iPad 1 does not. I enabled the developer debugger and it is having JavaScript errors. The problem is I have such a locked down network that even by turning off all my "stuff" I still can trust I am being filtered and getting false JavaScipt errors.

I need someone with an iPad 1 to enable the developer console and see if the errors match mine.

Here is what you have to do. iPad 1 only.

Setting> Safari> Advanced> debug console.

Then there will be a bar in safari that will show you the errors. Please post what you found.

I went to Settings> Safari> Developer > debug

At the top of my home screen, it says No errors

1860Angler
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM
I use Tapatalk on my iPad and it works great. I never did like the way this site worked on the web interface with my iPad.

rickn
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM
My Android isn't right, either. If I'm on page two of a thread, I have to hit the back key 7 times insteadof the usual 2, to get back to the general page.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 09:04 PM
My Android isn't right, either. If I'm on page two of a thread, I have to hit the back key 7 times insteadof the usual 2, to get back to the general page.

My Android works like crap on this site too.

It is a Mobile operating system issue with JavaScript I would guess.

And NO HELP from the guys at Verticalscope.

They have 24/7 IT dept.

Apple Guy
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I went to Settings> Safari> Developer > debug

At the top of my home screen, it says No errors

Did you go to the upper drop down menu I stated in above first posts and see if you have errors when it redirects you to the index page? Also are you on an iPad 1?

Golden
09-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Let me see if I can get them engaged in this issue

Ipad
09-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Ipad 1
Settings, safari, advance (no developer) debug console on - no messages !?!

Ipad
09-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Every time I go to a WC page I get a debug console message at the to of the page with 23 to 26 Javascript errors

Android Guy
09-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Nope. No problem at all. Good luck.

How's fishing?

Oh yea, you have a problem. And it only has just begun . ;)

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9241596/New_Android_malware_is_being_distributed_through_m obile_ad_networks?pageNumber=1

http://www.technewsdaily.com/18078-android-windows-malware.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/06/android_malware_spotting_hitching_a_ride_on_mobile _botnet/

Android Guy
09-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I mean "phishing".

I don't think that you have ever posted about fishing.

Apple Guy
09-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Maybe not.......Maybe..... Mostly a bass fisherman I was..... Pike I was........ and.....I bring diversity to this site. You just need to "embrace diversity" it is the way the world is going. :driver: Other then that... Moot Point

Sour what?
09-08-2013, 06:43 PM
I mean "phishing".

I don't think that you have ever posted about fishing.

bruised feelings???? I should say bruised butt - he did kick it, as usual :-)

09-08-2013, 09:07 PM
For some reason just in the last couple of days looking at WC on my mk1 IPad has become a chore. I have to press the back button umpteen times to get it to go back to the previous page. It only happens on WC not on any other forums or websites. Anyone got any suggestions?

Have been having the same problem for about 10 days and it continues tonight. Also an iPad. Often I can't get it to back up even after several touches. PIA!

Apple Guy
09-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Have been having the same problem for about 10 days and it continues tonight. Also an iPad. Often I can't get it to back up even after several touches. PIA!

What iPad version do you have? Is it an iPad 1?

headcheese
09-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I use Tapatalk on my iPad and it works great. I never did like the way this site worked on the web interface with my iPad.

I use tapatalk also. Works great.

09-09-2013, 05:53 PM
What iPad version do you have? Is it an iPad 1?

No, it's ipad 2.

modadmin
09-11-2013, 01:25 PM
We'll review the mobile content as this may be just an issue with apple OS. I am using android S3 and I am unable to replicate this issue on it.

Apple Guy
09-11-2013, 01:40 PM
My Android Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 with 2.3.6 has the problem. That is all the cheap old and new Android phones on T-Moblie that have non upgradable old Android OSes.

Apple Guy
09-11-2013, 02:34 PM
My daughters LG Optimus L9 with Android 4.1.2 does not work right on Walleye Central. It works like my iPad 1 and and my Android Galaxy Exibit 2, it seems to be an issue with JavaScripting.

You have a moblie javascript issue, not just an Apple issue.

09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Just opened WC and got a pop up offering tapatalk. Is this the way WC is going to fix the problem some of us ipad users are having? Is that a proper fix or, in other words, is the tapatalk app worth having? The reviews are somewhat mixed but many appear to like it.

Tim_Kelly
09-12-2013, 12:35 AM
I dislike tapatalk. It's a very different way of looking at forums than the way they were designed.

modadmin
09-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone, thank you for the reports. I was unable to replicate this issue using my Galaxy S4 and the iPad as well and so I have escalated this issue to one of our tech gurus. He can definitely take a look at the mobile javascript first thing Monday morning and I'll keep you guys updated.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
CG - Community Support

modadmin
09-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi guys, so in order to further look into this issue I need someone willing to work with me directly with the issue that they are having with their iPad. I can give you my email address so that we can work with the tech together as well to figure out this problem as we need more specific info.

Thank you for your time guys and sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let me know.

Regards,
CG - Community Support

09-17-2013, 06:20 AM
We've been traveling but since arriving back home yesterday, the 16th, I've had no issues on my ipad and I've been on WC a a fair amount of time.

modadmin
09-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Thanks for letting me know larrym. :thumbsup:

CG - Community Support

Tim_Kelly
09-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Seems to be working fine again now. Well done if you did something, well saved time if you didn't!