Timed Out Again

dessertman
12-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Nothing ticks me off more than trying to give a good answer to someone's questions and then finding out that the system has timed me out. If WC wants nothing but glib quicky answers, so be it. Otherwise, consider adjusting your timing-out controls.

Juls
12-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Your complaint has been passed on to the admin. Thanks for your input and sorry for the inconvenience.

That's a new one to me...I have never seen a time out on here. I do know that there have been problems with the system since they did an update though and they are in the process of fixing some problems with the site. It could be that it wasn't a "time out", but rather something related to that that knocked you off while posting.

dessertman
12-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks for looking into this--sorry I sounded angry--but I was!

jkbrink
12-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Happens quite often. I step away, come back in a short time and I have to reregister. Saves me a lot of time by not reading the new posts and classifieds. I just open another site and move on.--jer

CHM
12-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Had it happen to me. If I need to write a long answer I do it in MS Word, then copy and paste into WC.

modadmin
12-19-2013, 05:47 AM
The session timeout on the forum was very low, it has now been raised, so you shouldn't have that issue happen to you again.

Thanks for reporting it.

Mark

Juls
12-19-2013, 05:59 AM
The session timeout on the forum was very low, it has now been raised, so you shouldn't have that issue happen to you again.

Thanks for reporting it.

Mark

Thanks for taking the time to look into it and fix it Mark. :cheers:

offthehook67
12-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Your complaint has been passed on to the admin. Thanks for your input and sorry for the inconvenience.

That's a new one to me...I have never seen a time out on here. I do know that there have been problems with the system since they did an update though and they are in the process of fixing some problems with the site. It could be that it wasn't a "time out", but rather something related to that that knocked you off while posting.

The system seems to time me out and others I would believe due to inactivity. I have found that if I am clicking and moving around the site then it is fine. If I stop to write as the OP mentioned and it takes some time due to a long answer the site does not recognize my writing as activity and times me out as if I left the site up and walked away or just left the site up and sitting without moving around it and I believe that amount of time is predetermined by the web master within their site build guidelines or something like that lol...I am no web master but this seems to make sense IMO

Juls
12-19-2013, 10:00 AM
The system seems to time me out and others I would believe due to inactivity. I have found that if I am clicking and moving around the site then it is fine. If I stop to write as the OP mentioned and it takes some time due to a long answer the site does not recognize my writing as activity and times me out as if I left the site up and walked away or just left the site up and sitting without moving around it and I believe that amount of time is predetermined by the web master within their site build guidelines or something like that lol...I am no web master but this seems to make sense IMO

Did you read all the replies? The admin changed the setting.

offthehook67
12-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Gotcha!

Happy Holidays