Like or Thanks button?

John_Trollsky
07-16-2014, 03:13 PM
I recognize I am new here, so this post may be redundant. However, not one to shy away, here goes:

Lots of forums have the Thanks or Like this post option. It's handy shortcut to agree with something thats been said, or show the OP thanks for his or her contributing, or otherwise intelligent post. I know v-powered forums support this. Any chance on this site getting one, or is it to "yesterday"?

Golden
07-17-2014, 07:00 AM
It's been brought up before, but I will bring it to the attention of the ownership again.

I agree, it would be a good upgrade.

Just not sure it's available with this version and with all of the custom scripting, upgrading to another version is a huge task.

Scott

modadmin
07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Right now there isn't a plug in for this site however if there's a strong enough buzz for it we'll look into adding it if we can

KN Community Support

brentfrank
07-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Buzzz

John_Trollsky
07-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Buzzz

See? I would have thanked him for this post cause I like it. Lol

modadmin
07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
See? I would have thanked him for this post cause I like it. Lol

Yes but then you wouldn't be able to clarify if you liked it because it was funny or because you agreed with the content lol

KN Community Support

PS...I don't even want to know the jokes that could've come if I said groundswell in place of buzz haha

AllenW
07-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Don't care, but if you can "like" something you should have a "dislike" selection too. :)

That would be a "thanks, no thanks" thing too.

Al..who's wondering if you can "like" yourself then? :cheers:

John_Trollsky
07-18-2014, 12:45 PM
There is also a groan button on other sites as well. I find the groan button causes trouble within the membership. Nobody ever really getz upset if people like what they say but most folks their fur flies when someone groans at them. Lol

Good suggestion however, Allen. Fair is fair

Gregking
07-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Need a wife's on my case again button. That way when I say something dumb I can blame those who are responsible for wasting my time and then I say something wrong. Lol

poultryman
07-20-2014, 06:12 AM
How about a "Thats what SHE said" button?

out4trout
07-23-2014, 08:52 PM
it would be nice to see these .....i get a lot of help from this site ,,,,thank you

Juls
07-24-2014, 03:27 AM
You can just hit "Post Reply" and actually tell the person you liked it, or thank them for whatever you personally want to thank them for.

How lazy and impersonal, in my opinion, to have a button to click that will say that for you.

"Handy shortcut"? Or, is it just another way to not have to directly communicate with others?

I don't see it as a necessary tool for this site.

Just my .02 cents...

John_Trollsky
07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
You can just hit "Post Reply" and actually tell the person you liked it, or thank them for whatever you personally want to thank them for.

How lazy and impersonal, in my opinion, to have a button to click that will say that for you.

"Handy shortcut"? Or, is it just another way to not have to directly communicate with others?

Just my .02 cents...

*Splash*
I just tossed you a life preserver, you've gone overboard!
How is it "lazy" to add your name to the bottom of someone's post in "the following users thank **** for this useful post"?
To me, it seems silly to reply thanks in a thread.
If anything, it gives you more ways to directly communicate within the community.

Juls
07-24-2014, 07:59 PM
*Splash*
How is it "lazy" to add your name to the bottom of someone's post in "the following users thank **** for this useful post"?
If anything, it gives you more ways to directly communicate within the community.

I'm sorry....did you take my opinion personally?

boat nut
07-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Buzz.

HTHM
07-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Just my .02 cents...

*Splash*

I liked all of these opinions. However I am demonstrating that it was John's post I liked the best.

Juls
07-28-2014, 02:29 AM
I liked all of these opinions. However I am demonstrating that it was John's post I liked the best.

"Thanks", that was helpful. :)

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:07 PM

Not sure what you mean "take it personally" as in find it offensive? Not at all
"take it personally" well you did use direct quotes I said
actually as a mod I value your feelings on the suggestion very much. You have more influence as a mod.

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
*Splash*
I just tossed you a life preserver, you've gone overboard!.

Should have used a ;) face to show I was trying to be funny. Like chill out but said in a fisherman's way.
Very difficult to convey tone over the keyboard lol

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Buzz.

Thanks

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:19 PM

I like this post!

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Post count is increasing! Won't be a minnow for much longer!:phatyo:

John_Trollsky
07-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Okay I will quit before someone gives me the :frypan: for all my :horsepoop: