Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

modadmin
09-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Hello All,

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based (http://talkaboutmarriage.com/#) skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

The skin should be available for your testing later on this evening. Around 6pm EST.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

Lazy Ike
09-03-2014, 08:04 PM
HP Slate 10 Android 4.2.2 Chrome. Very slow loading with new version.

wallydave
09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Sorry, I don't like the new smart phone version on my LG Lucid, at least you posted how to by pass the new version.

Juls
09-04-2014, 02:10 AM
iphone 5 here...works fine.

modadmin
09-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Just remember, this is its first roll out, so if there is something you don't like, let us know exactly, there is always room to improve.

Helena

wallydave
09-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry, I don't like the new smart phone version on my LG Lucid, at least you posted how to by pass the new version.

The opt out function doesn't work on my phone. Not a fan at all! :badidea:

modadmin
09-05-2014, 09:21 AM
What happens when you try to use the opt out?
KN

wallydave
09-08-2014, 02:02 PM
What happens when you try to use the opt out?
KN
at first the bypass did not work, now it is.

wallijig
09-16-2014, 04:27 PM
I have iPhone 5. Seems to load slow, asks me to approve location multiple times, once on site to leave and go to another, I have to close safari and reopen it and before Walleye central opens again.

jclund
09-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Works find on Iphone 5, but is going to take a while to used to.

Josh Lund
NPAA#654

offthehook67
09-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Works great on my Samsung Note 3.

I like it much better.

JVanek
09-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Android 4.4.4 works great. Absolutely love the mobile version

Bobber Down
09-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Please advise.

modadmin
10-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Please advise.

Clear your browser data on your phone. On android in your browser go to settings>privacy>delete personal data>cache and cookies and site data, on Iphone/safari go to your general settings>safari>clear cookies and data
That will revert it
KN Community Support

paulie
10-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Every once and a while it switches me back over to the enhanced mobile view and it takes several attempts to get out of it and return back to the standard browser.
Why is this happening and how can I prevent it?

modadmin
10-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Is your browser set to allow sites to save and read cookie data?

~KM, community support

paulie
10-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Is your browser set to allow sites to save and read cookie data?

~KM, community support

Yep.

paulie
10-10-2014, 05:34 PM
So the latest is that when I enter this site a pop-up box asks me if I want the mobile enhanced version.

...umm, no means no.

Still.

Keep asking, I guess.

Its annoying tho. :(

modadmin
10-14-2014, 07:40 AM
Can you tell me what device you're using, if possible can you take a screen shot of the box?
KN Community Support

dutchboy
10-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Can you tell me what device you're using, if possible can you take a screen shot of the box?
KN Community Support

iphone & no to the screen shot.

modadmin
10-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Are you accessing the site through a bookmark specifically?
KN Community Support

paulie
10-15-2014, 05:34 PM
It switched me over to enhanced mobile view, again. Thanks for giving me that option, again. This time it gave me a dropdown selection of why I didn't like it when I switched it off.

I don't log out from the site and keep it in a selection of several sites that I view. Every once and a while it just switches me over to enhanced mobile.

Can't you just make it an option like in a skin selection so the user can decide if they want to try it instead of it just starting up automatically?

paulie
10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
So now a pop-up just asked me if I'd like to try the mobile enhanced version.

I answered "no".

...at least it didn't swich me right over to it.

modadmin
10-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Are you visiting the site via a bookmark out of curiosity?
KN Community Support

paulie
10-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Are you visiting the site via a bookmark out of curiosity?
KN Community Support

This site is in my bookmarks but I always have this site open along with a few others. I probably have two to four browsers open all the time and walleye central hasn't been not in one of those browsers for months.
It doesn't happen when I turn my phone back on or anything like that. It just happens randomly.

modadmin
10-17-2014, 09:00 AM
This site is in my bookmarks but I always have this site open along with a few others. I probably have two to four browsers open all the time and walleye central hasn't been not in one of those browsers for months.
It doesn't happen when I turn my phone back on or anything like that. It just happens randomly.

Could you please let us know what mobile device you are using? Maybe I can procure a similar device to test it out.

~KM, community support

paulie
10-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Could you please let us know what mobile device you are using? Maybe I can procure a similar device to test it out.

~KM, community support

It's a Samsung galaxy 3.

I know its a few years old but so far its worked flawlessly.

rickn
10-17-2014, 05:31 PM
My droid max does the same thing. Fwiw, I find the enhanced version basically unusable. Gotta scroll all over to find anything.

paulie
10-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Dear modadmin,

Today it asked me again if I wanted to use the enhanced view. I answered "no". All was good and I was switched back to the normal view.
Then a few hours later I was just switched over and after I again exited the enhanced view and clicked why I didn't like it again I'm back to normal.
I know this site is free and everything but this is getting super annoying. People don't come to sites to be annoyed.
It doesn't seem like many people like the enhanced view so why is it even a option?
I don't like it because of how it loads, how it doesn't expand and how bloody annoying it is that it just switches over when I've had to change it back many, many, many, many, many, MANY, times.
I don't come here to exit enhanced mobile view and switch back to the standard look. Its not what I want to keep doing. Yet its what I have to keep doing unless I want to have to use a magnifying glass to read anything. The placement of the menu navigation is just horrible. Its off in the extreme upper left hand corner and is almost off of my screen. I have to tap and tap and tap because its so small to get it to switch back and many times it doesn't switch back and goes back into enhanced mode instead of doing what I request.
I think I have tried to help by answering any questions you've asked but clearly nothing is going to fix this. Right?
Am I getting a little peeved about this?
Yep.

paulie
10-29-2014, 07:21 PM
....furthermore, maybe this enhanced view would be pretty slick on a tablet. But I don't use my tablet for WC, nor do I use a standard desktop or flaptop. I use a fairly normal sized smartphone and the "enhancement" that happens is the complete opposite. Compound it being the total opposite of being enhanced, I'm very tired of having it switched when I don't want it switched then having to switch it back. Small potatoes? Yep.
Should this have been a pm? Maybe?
I don't mean to cause a problem and I sure don't mean this to be a tongue lashing that is at a personal level but I want to clearly convey that I'm sick of dealing with this.

paulie
10-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Just did it again. Thanks. Fabulous being asked that again.

What is the company that made/ owns this enhanced mobile version software?

paulie
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Did it again.

Should I just stop mentioning that this is happening?

I just totally upgraded my phones software and I thought this problem would go away.

paulie
11-12-2014, 06:14 PM
It just switched me over again automatically.

It took many many many many tries to get it to switch back to standard view. I love messing around with this every so often.

I really wish that you could make this not happen.

paulie
11-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Again.

Awesome.

.:confused:

dutchboy
11-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Mine does it also. I'm near the point of just dumping WC from the phone altogether. The new owners seem to know what's best for us and what we will like and they aren't going to back off. Much like the school bonding folks.........just come up with a different bonding every year and keep pounding it at the voters until it passes. Then immediately start working on another for the following year.

Maybe if they just came out and said it increases revenue to keep the site free I might understand. :huh: or maybe not. :devil:

modadmin
11-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi paulie,

What browser are you using on your mobile device? Maybe there is a way to force your browser to go to the desktop view. Also, what model is your phone and what system is it running on, i.e. Andriod 4.4.4?

Thank you for the help.

~KM

paulie
11-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Samsung galaxy s3. Sumsungs browser is simply called "browser". It's running on Android 4.3.

Dutchboy nailed it.

I don't understand why this is being forced on us. A enhanced mobile version isn't enhanced at all because it takes away from the sites bells and whistles by supposedly cleaning everything up making it more phone (or tablet) friendly. I, like most people, just want the full original site.
Mobile versions are often glitchy and difficult to use. This one certainly is.
I know you guys are sold on this for some reason and because you've already paid for it or because the owner (often detached from reality) just wants this to happen and you're being forced to implement it because its what they want.

Granted my phone is a few years old but Samsung Galaxies are probably the most common smartphone on the planet. For this enhanced version to not be compatible with Galaxies is pretty suckish and you guys might consider asking for a refund.:huh:

modadmin
11-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Samsung galaxy s3. Sumsungs browser is simply called "browser". It's running on Android 4.3.

Dutchboy nailed it.

I don't understand why this is being forced on us. A enhanced mobile version isn't enhanced at all because it takes away from the sites bells and whistles by supposedly cleaning everything up making it more phone (or tablet) friendly. I, like most people, just want the full original site.
Mobile versions are often glitchy and difficult to use. This one certainly is.
I know you guys are sold on this for some reason and because you've already paid for it or because the owner (often detached from reality) just wants this to happen and you're being forced to implement it because its what they want.

Granted my phone is a few years old but Samsung Galaxies are probably the most common smartphone on the planet. For this enhanced version to not be compatible with Galaxies is pretty suckish and you guys might consider asking for a refund.:huh:

If you're using the s3 when you hit the menu button on your phone you should see in the list desktop view, this will bypass the mobile skin.

This same function is available for any droid browser, chrome, or safari after os 8.

KN

Juls
01-14-2015, 03:19 AM
https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411346

People are not liking this app. I don't like it either, since I have to move to the classic view in order to do any moderating when using my iphone.

Then, it doesn't stay in the classic mode. I have to do the switch every time I open the browser on my phone.

It's a pain.

Juls

modadmin
01-14-2015, 10:23 AM

People are not liking this app. I don't like it either, since I have to move to the classic view in order to do any moderating when using my iphone.

Then, it doesn't stay in the classic mode. I have to do the switch every time I open the browser on my phone.

It's a pain.

Juls

You get forced back to the mobile view even after exiting and making sure your cookies are saved? The mobile skin should remember your preference.

~KM

Juls
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
You get forced back to the mobile view even after exiting and making sure your cookies are saved? The mobile skin should remember your preference.

~KM

Yes. I just checked my iPhone5 and it is supposed to save my cookies from websites I visit.

Any time I close the browser window and reopen it for WC, it goes to the mobile view automatically.

modadmin
01-15-2015, 09:02 AM
What ios and browser are you using? I'll send this over to the mobile team and they will look into the exiting issue.

~KM

modadmin
01-16-2015, 08:48 AM
I have iPhone 5. Seems to load slow, asks me to approve location multiple times, once on site to leave and go to another, I have to close safari and reopen it and before Walleye central opens again.

Can you try clearing your cookies and cache in safari's settings and see if that helps?

~ DM, Community Support

wallydave
01-18-2015, 08:20 PM

It's a pain.

Juls

Same thing here, it takes forever for the new version to load. Just quit before I log off!

Juls
01-19-2015, 12:55 AM
What ios and browser are you using? I'll send this over to the mobile team and they will look into the exiting issue.

~KM

iPhone5 OS8

I cleared the history and data.

So far, it's working. I opened it from a bookmark, which was the classic view, and when I logged in, it automatically went to the new app view. I got it back to the classic view, and then closed the browser, and reopened it, and it was still in the classic view. It didn't jump back to the new app view.

I'll let you know if it changes.

Thanks

Ranger319
03-28-2015, 07:20 AM
This new mobile view crap you are forcing on everyone...well congrats...you just lost another member. Do everyone a favor and sell this place back to someone who knows how to listen to their customers. Good thing you bought a strong following. I will stick to supporting other sites that are actually user friendly and get this...they listen to their supporters. Novel concept huh....

paulie
03-28-2015, 03:00 PM
I hate to complain. ...again, but it just switched me back to mobile view again despite everything we've done and discussed.