Posting about Manufacturers, vendors, services, other members

IdahoGuy
07-16-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before......I don't remember seeing it in the past. I frequent another board where complaints, criticism, venting, etc about products, services, other members, etc is allowed, BUT only if the person posting the issue is logged in and closes the post with their full name. No one gets to complain without being up front about who they are. There's always members here complaining about guests posting unsubstantiated criticisms of products, services, etc. Perhaps this would help limit the bashing posts? I know on the other board if such a post is put out there without being logged in and includes their full name, not just their log in name, the mods will toast the post as soon as they see it. I know this adds more work for the mods, but ????

Thoughts?

modadmin
07-16-2015, 02:21 PM
It's worth thinking about, what do you all think?

Kyle

dstar49
07-16-2015, 03:00 PM
I agree I don't think you should be able to hide behind the guest name to bash any product or person.

Duane Starzak

modadmin
07-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Let me discuss this with the mods first?

~Kay

Golden
07-22-2015, 08:46 AM
This doesn't work....how can you police it?

I post something about a product and print my name as.......let's say I want to be Tom Clancy today......so I'll just write Tom Clancy as my name.

There is no way to check the validity of the signature.

The moderators are doing a fine job as it is and if the members want to help "police" the site, that is what the "alert" button is for.

If a member or guest sees a post that is questionable, then take the time and make the effort to send an alert to the moderators so we can take a look at it.

Processes are already in place.....they just need to be used.

BreezyPoint
07-22-2015, 11:53 AM
I agree wholeheartedly! But I don't know how this can be enforced except by moderators scanning and deleting posts which would be time consuming and difficult. I always believe that if you post either criticism or praise, you should be willing to stand by it with your name. It adds a lot of weight to the statements.

Frank

modadmin
07-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, however, as a whole, the Moderators have ruled against it. The staff is content with the current set up at the moment.

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

IdahoGuy
07-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Hey....it was worth a shot.

Golden
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM
IdahoGuy....don't be discouraged....we appreciate the input.

If you have other ideas, please feel free to slide them past us...we will listen.

Moderators work for free.....that whole thing about a free boat....was just a joke....it's not there.

We do the best we can and we do lean on the members for support.

The alert button is our friend....please use it when you feel it's necessary.

And....if you wanna join us in being dissed, cussed at, put down and generally disliked.....we would be glad to take your application.

IdahoGuy
07-23-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm good. I'm used to having my ideas rejected....been married for a lot of years. 😀