Email Sender in classifieds not sending emails

WBergemann
06-03-2016, 06:11 AM
I have ad Ad 141785 - I posted this ad and had friends check to see if the email sender feature is working. I have yet to receive ANY emails regarding the ad including the ones as a test.

Please advise how often the emails get posted to the sellers email address.:huh:

modadmin
06-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Hey there just to clarify, you are not receiving email notifications when users post within your sales thread?

Did you receive a notification for this post?

Richard.

WBergemann
06-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Correct, within the sales thread, I do not receive email notifications.

I did receive notification via email for your reply to this post

modadmin
06-06-2016, 07:31 AM
hmmm,

lets troubleshoot this a bit. maybe there was a change on the back end that maybe defaulted your user CP possibly. Can you check your userCP to make sure email notifications are turned on? also, did you click the "subscribe to thread" button as well? let us know.

another fix if those dont work was clear your cache and log in again to see if that fixes it as well.

~Shane

WBergemann
06-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Help me understand this, if the classifieds are in no way tied to my forum ID wbergemann, than why would my forum settings or forum cache have anything to do with how emails sent from the classifieds get to my personal email?

modadmin
06-08-2016, 06:30 AM
hey there!

just trying to help you out here is all :) trying all possible fixes that are tied to this particular issue are things that have worked in the past. again, just trying to assist you in anyway I can.

Now, could you double check to make sure those notifications are set? if something has been done on the backend, it could effect certain settings, either by non intentional changes.

and the cache clearing or disk clean ups get rid of saved states in general. there can be multiple ways this could be effecting it.

for now, it was just the basics. then once we narrow down the troubleshooting, we can hopefully properly fix the issue.

~Shane

WBergemann
06-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Shane,

I deleted my ad. As this frustrates me, what do you think the people who responding to the ad via the 'email seller' function feel when they get no response because I never see their email? do you think they understand that I am not receiving the emails and will reach out again in the future? Or do you think they feel that I chose to not respond and they will disregard the ad going forward even after WC gets this issue resolved? You guessed it, they most likely will not respond in the future and because of this I am losing potential buyers the longer I leave that ad up.

I would like to repost the ad if WC agrees that I am either refunded the cost of my original ad or that the new ad is of no charge and that if there are still technical issues, that the ad is hidden from the classified browsers until the issue is resolved.

In the email I received from Angela on Jun 3rd, it was indicated that a ticket had been logged to resolve this issue. I had replied to that email indicating that if the issue was not resolved by 6/6 end of day, that I was requesting that the ad be deleted for reasons I stated above. I didn't receive any response to that email, I just received your reply to this forum thread this morning.

modadmin
06-08-2016, 02:07 PM
hey there,

I was not aware that you were in touch with angela and where already troubleshooting this, my apologies.

Ill forward this over to angela then to help you trouble shoot your issues more.

~Shane

modadmin
06-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Shane,

I deleted my ad. As this frustrates me, what do you think the people who responding to the ad via the 'email seller' function feel when they get no response because I never see their email? do you think they understand that I am not receiving the emails and will reach out again in the future? Or do you think they feel that I chose to not respond and they will disregard the ad going forward even after WC gets this issue resolved? You guessed it, they most likely will not respond in the future and because of this I am losing potential buyers the longer I leave that ad up.

I would like to repost the ad if WC agrees that I am either refunded the cost of my original ad or that the new ad is of no charge and that if there are still technical issues, that the ad is hidden from the classified browsers until the issue is resolved.

In the email I received from Angela on Jun 3rd, it was indicated that a ticket had been logged to resolve this issue. I had replied to that email indicating that if the issue was not resolved by 6/6 end of day, that I was requesting that the ad be deleted for reasons I stated above. I didn't receive any response to that email, I just received your reply to this forum thread this morning.

Hello

I understand your frustration that you were not getting your e-mailed inquiries, and we were working with our tech team support. We were testing and looking for the issue with the e-mails, unfortunately, these type of issues do take time to investigate and fix. While we were not sure if this was related to your account particularly, it was best solution to have you delete the ad and be provided a refund.

The situation with the e-mails have been resolved, please contact me at [email protected] to rectify the situation

-Angela