Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

modadmin
06-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*

Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

bluchaser
06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm unable to change the random password to one of my choice. Help!!

uv2021
06-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Why the need for such an aggressive password?My bank doesn't even require that level of a password?

Unplugged
06-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Really??? I have asked for the email to log in several times now! Hello!! Vbay Gord. Was right. I've been wasting too much time here!

Zephyr
06-16-2016, 08:58 PM
after I reset my password it logs me back out.. what the heck

still can't get in
06-17-2016, 09:37 AM
How long does this process take? I've sent 6 emails with no response.

still locked out
06-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Why are there no replies from the mods to the people needing help?

out
06-19-2016, 12:23 PM
what the heck i still can't log in. several tries.... this sucks

modadmin
06-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Hey there,

A few things to keep in mind when you get your password emailed to you:

- always copy/paste, never try to type it out yourself. Some characters are easily misread or skipped.
- be sure you are copying all characters, this includes any apostrophe at the beginning/end of the string
- be sure you are NOT copying any 'spaces' at the beginning/end of the string, these are not included

If you have requested multiple 'forgot password' emails, you will need to ensure the last one requested is the one you are using.

If you have not received the original password reset email, please request ONE using the 'forgot password' option. Be patient as there can be a delay.

If you did not have a current email address associated with your account, please use the Contact Us page with subject "Password Reset Issue". Please include your USERNAME and possibly old email address for quick remedy.

Thanks everyone,
Dayle

bcmss396 - username issues
06-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Where is the "Contact Us" page? I want to get my Username active again.

Pretty difficult to give up my old username. Takes a while to accumulate those posts and PMs.

Blair

lunker2
06-22-2016, 06:18 AM
Sign on issues. Password reset email sent me an incorrect user name. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE MY MESSAGES.

walli

modadmin
06-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Hey there,

We have posted to the sites letting users know how to go about changing their passwords. There are a few things that may have happened:
1) the email address wasn’t the current one you use
2) the email is getting blocked by spam or ending up in your junk folder.

If you have not received the password reset email, go to the site and use the password reset tool in the log in window. If this still is not working for you, please go to the contact us page at the bottom right hand corner of the screen and select the “other” field and insert the subject “password reset issue” .

sorry for the trouble. we are sorting out all the issues as they come in. thanks all!

~Shane

Username Help
06-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Still waiting for a reset for bcmss396....

Used the "contact us" link and sat through the Progressive commercial a couple of times now (very annoying). Either we can fix this or I'll stop trying.

Blair

sfw1960
06-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Go here:
https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw
Follow the instructions with your 2 emails that will follow, I understand the need for complex passwords.
It's not rocket science................
:)

modadmin
06-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Still waiting for a reset for bcmss396....

Used the "contact us" link and sat through the Progressive commercial a couple of times now (very annoying). Either we can fix this or I'll stop trying.

Blair

if your email doesn't work. Send us a PM on what you think your original email is.

lee

Mojo1269 Waiting PW reset
06-29-2016, 07:30 AM
I have tried a number of times to reach out to get my password reset using the protocol called out on the site. Someone replied a week ago but I have heard nothing since. I have retried using the steps outlined 3X and I have heard nothing back. I know my old e-mail account is the one on file for Walleye Central so it will not work. Could someone please reach out to me at [email protected] Thanks

Mojo1269
06-30-2016, 07:58 AM
I have tried a number of times to reach out to get my password reset using the protocol called out on the site. Someone replied a week ago but I have heard nothing since. I have retried using the steps outlined 3X and I have heard nothing back. I know my old e-mail account is the one on file for Walleye Central so it will not work. Could someone please reach out to me at [email protected] Thanks

Thanks for the Help!:)

walcat
11-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I signed in fine on the main discussion page. User name walcat, password XXXXXXX. Went to post a classified boat for sale and it would not let me in. I typed user name e-mail , password XXXXXXXXX. It would not let me sign in to post my ad. Help !

3M TA3
11-08-2019, 02:21 PM
I believe that you have to use two different passwords to gain access to either. You should now consider changing your Message Board Password immediately since you've told everybody reading what it is.

Juls
11-09-2019, 03:01 AM
I signed in fine on the main discussion page. User name walcat, password XXXXXXX. Went to post a classified boat for sale and it would not let me in. I typed user name e-mail , password XXXXXXXXX. It would not let me sign in to post my ad. Help !

The main forums and the classifieds have two different logins. Your main forum login will not work on the classifieds login and vise Versa.

I removed your password information from your post, but you still want to change it since you posted it for the public to see.

marsk61
10-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this platform.
Hope everyone is doing well.
I did not face any problem.

last chance
10-22-2021, 07:22 AM
Hey there,

A few things to keep in mind when you get your password emailed to you:

- always copy/paste, never try to type it out yourself. Some characters are easily misread or skipped.
- be sure you are copying all characters, this includes any apostrophe at the beginning/end of the string
- be sure you are NOT copying any 'spaces' at the beginning/end of the string, these are not included

If you have requested multiple 'forgot password' emails, you will need to ensure the last one requested is the one you are using.

If you have not received the original password reset email, please request ONE using the 'forgot password' option. Be patient as there can be a delay.

If you did not have a current email address associated with your account, please use the Contact Us page with subject "Password Reset Issue". Please include your USERNAME and possibly old email address for quick remedy.

Thanks everyone,
Dayle

what if we're a bit of a computer dunny and don't know how to copy and paste? I was never shown how or I just forgot.

Juls
10-22-2021, 03:35 PM
what if we're a bit of a computer dunny and don't know how to copy and paste? I was never shown how or I just forgot.

This thread is from 2016.....

last chance
10-23-2021, 05:40 AM
This thread is from 2016.....

is this old post supposed to help me now? I guess I will just have to try typing it in. if that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to lose this forum. this is my top forum now.