Deleted Post?

Karas3434
03-04-2017, 04:38 PM
So I had a thread get deleted today I'm assuming by a mod... do I get an explanation of why? My post was asking what people they thought the value was of a boat I was looking at buying? Is this against the rules? If it was against the rules it would be nice to know that so I didn't do it again... but simply deleting it with no explanation doesn't seem right.

Hot Runr Guy
03-04-2017, 04:48 PM
So I had a thread get deleted today I'm assuming by a mod... do I get an explanation of why? My post was asking what people they thought the value was of a boat I was looking at buying? Is this against the rules? If it was against the rules it would be nice to know that so I didn't do it again... but simply deleting it with no explanation doesn't seem right.

"What's it worth" postings are generally not allowed, since some people try to use it as a way of advertising their boat for sale, without paying for an ad.

HRG

Karas3434
03-04-2017, 04:56 PM
"What's it worth" postings are generally not allowed, since some people try to use it as a way of advertising their boat for sale, without paying for an ad.

HRG

Is that rule posted someplace and I just missed it? Obviously was not my intention as I am actually looking to buy the boat I asked about.

Golden
03-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Well....you do have a point.

I should have taken the time to explain why the post was being deleted.....but I figured it was an attempt to bypass the classifieds and I thought you were selling the boat, not buying it.

I don't remember seeing anything in your original post about you buying it.....just that you wanted to know what it was worth.

Hundreds of times a year people try to bypass the classifieds with "disguised" attempts such as the post you made.....so.....I automatically figured it was just another one of those.

However....we did allow the post to stay online long enough for you to get the answer you were looking for, from several people.....so the post had run it's course and you got from it what you wanted/needed.

And...... back on 02.07.16 when asked about your boat........you posted this......which almost seems like it might have been your boat that you were talking about:

"18' alumacraft, I mainly fish worm harnesses, etc at slow speeds "

So....you have an alumacraft boat and you were asking about an alumacraft boat......which sorta, kinda looked like an attempt to bypass the system.

Scott

Karas3434
03-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Well....you do have a point.

I should have taken the time to explain why the post was being deleted.....but I figured it was an attempt to bypass the classifieds and I thought you were selling the boat, not buying it.

I don't remember seeing anything in your original post about you buying it.....just that you wanted to know what it was worth.

Hundreds of times a year people try to bypass the classifieds with "disguised" attempts such as the post you made.....so.....I automatically figured it was just another one of those.

However....we did allow the post to stay online long enough for you to get the answer you were looking for, from several people.....so the post had run it's course and you got from it what you wanted/needed.

And...... back on 02.07.16 when asked about your boat........you posted this......which almost seems like it might have been your boat that you were talking about:

"18' alumacraft, I mainly fish worm harnesses, etc at slow speeds "

So....you have an alumacraft boat and you were asking about an alumacraft boat......which sorta, kinda looked like an attempt to bypass the system.

Scott

I never did see any of the responses and I do have an 18' alumacraft actually, its significantly older than the one I was looking at though and one I'm looking at is a 17'. I can understand how it looks I was mainly just looking for an explanation of what happened? I been here going on 7 years now and never had a post disappear like that before and it never even occurred to me to "bypass" the classifieds with a post like that honestly. I just think very hard to judge value of fishing boats sometimes... blue book values are only so helpful when there are $1000's of extra included with a boat. Its all good though, lesson learned.

Golden
03-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I hear ya.....and just like the rest of us that suffer for the first guy that wrote a bad check......the rest of us suffer for the first guy that tried to cheat the system.

It's how it works.

If you check with a local Alumacraft dealer you can get the best information there......I would think?

Anyway....good luck