Can't log in anymore - Post details here.

Ron M
04-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Hey guy I don't know what's going on but for some reason I can't log on the site and don't know what to do. I tried to send an email to administrator but not sure if that even got through, my username is Ron M and I'm looking for advice. I have some post on here that used to show me as a minnow but when I look them up now it shows me as a guest. Confused

Ron M
04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
I've even tried to do a password reset about 6 times and I get a message that says I've entered and email address that is not recognized.
I've been a member for a couple weeks now and check it everyday. I was just on here this morning and even made a comment on a swap post I created a few days ago and everything worked fine.

dirty underpants
04-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Used to be something with the cookies... like they were changed or disabled?

Are you using a saved link?

Go to walleyecentral.com the old fashioned way, by typing it in the address bar and try from there.

Ron M
04-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Used to be something with the cookies... like they were changed or disabled?

Are you using a saved link?

Go to walleyecentral.com the old fashioned way, by typing it in the address bar and try from there.

Yes on the saved link, but I also tried just pulling it up fresh from goggle and just tried the link you provided.
All I get is an invalid user name or password.

What's strange is it not recognizing my email address to do a password change. It's like all my information has been wiped clean from the site.
How long does it typically take an administrative person to get back to you on issues?

Capt Morgan
04-24-2017, 08:25 PM
What worked for me was to delete all of my cookies. This enabled my password to reset.

BenCour
04-25-2017, 04:36 AM
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday, I ended up re creating my account under the same alias and I was successful so mine got deleted for no reason. The threads I participated in are now showing me as a guest. No clue why my account got deleted and would appreciate knowing why. How can we get in contact with the administrators ?

Ben

4T2
04-25-2017, 05:16 AM
How long does it typically take an administrative person to get back to you on issues?[/QUOTE]

I attempted to contact them several times since last August and have not yet received a response...so I can't answer that question--but I share your frustration anyway, in that I've been a member for a few years and now just log in as a guest.

BenCour
04-25-2017, 05:29 AM
Found the contact page yesterday through Google and when I pressed the send button, I received an invalid link error. It's as if dialing 911 doesn't work.

Again, any help to get in touch with and admin would be appreciated.

Ben

dirty underpants
04-25-2017, 05:53 AM
What worked for me was to delete all of my cookies. This enabled my password to reset.

This was it. Delete your cookies, come in fresh to the site not using a saved link, and you should be good.

Contacting the admins outside of moderators is a challenge from what I have heard.

Ron M
04-25-2017, 07:15 AM
This was it. Delete your cookies, come in fresh to the site not using a saved link, and you should be good.

Contacting the admins outside of moderators is a challenge from what I have heard.

Tried coming in fresh and deleting cookies and it still doesn't work, tried to do a password change and get this same message as I have with all other attempts.

(You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator.)

I've made multiple attempts from 3 different devices, computer, I-Pad I-Phone, I don't think cookies is the issue for me or others having the same issue.

It appears to me that the problem lies with some of us have just been kicked off the site for whatever reason, and that is due to the lack of administrator's or moderators paying attention and providing support to the site and having the common courtesy to respond to email messages.

Not sure if I'm going to attempt rejoining, I enjoy all your post and find a lot of it interesting, along with the people who post all seem very friendly and helpful, but the site doesn't appear to have the support it needs from administrators or moderators, which will eventually take the site down for everyone for good, and that would be a shame.

BenCour
04-25-2017, 09:17 AM
If it was a cookie issue, my alias wouldn't be showing as guest and I wouldn't have been able to recreate a completely new account under the exact same alias.

Ben

modadmin
04-25-2017, 09:19 AM
what's your email? I'll take a look in the admin panel to see what's going on. also, how are you posting here? using the browser or are you on an app?

Lee

Ron M
04-25-2017, 10:06 AM
what's your email? I'll take a look in the admin panel to see what's going on. also, how are you posting here? using the browser or are you on an app?

Lee

I have been using the browser, I'm not aware of an app, I looked for one once on my Iphone, but was unable to find one.
[email protected]

BenCour
04-25-2017, 03:14 PM

Lee

Let me know once you have it plz so that I can remove it from here.

I'm using Chrome

Ben

Ron M
04-25-2017, 07:21 PM
I have been using the browser, I'm not aware of an app, I looked for one once on my Iphone, but was unable to find one.
[email protected]

FYI - I received one email today from someone I think was a moderator who said he had sent me an email to change my password, but I never received that email. I did reply back to his email and explained that I had not received it, but I've heard nothing back and am not sure if he even received mine.
Thanks, Ron M

04-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Hey guy I don't know what's going on but for some reason I can't log on the site and don't know what to do. I tried to send an email to administrator but not sure if that even got through, my username is Ron M and I'm looking for advice. I have some post on here that used to show me as a minnow but when I look them up now it shows me as a guest. Confused

I am having same issues for last 3 days. Very upset with inability of administrative response. I paid for ad to sell boat and I can't get on site to check on it. Unbelievable

modadmin
04-26-2017, 08:48 AM
[email protected]
Let me know once you have it plz so that I can remove it from here.
I'm using Chrome
Ben
Hey there,

I see that your account is back up and running.
Are you running into any other issues?

FYI - I received one email today from someone I think was a moderator who said he had sent me an email to change my password, but I never received that email. I did reply back to his email and explained that I had not received it, but I've heard nothing back and am not sure if he even received mine.
Thanks, Ron M

I see that the email you provided us above is attached to another account you made today.
What is your original account name and the email attached to it?
Once I have the information I'll be able to link your accounts for you.

I am having same issues for last 3 days. Very upset with inability of administrative response. I paid for ad to sell boat and I can't get on site to check on it. Unbelievable

The email attached to this post is under a newer account on the site that was create on the 25th of this month. Can you please provide me with your previous accounts information including the username and the email address attached to it?

I will be able to send you another password once I have that info.

Richard.

BenCour
04-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Hey there,

I see that your account is back up and running.
Are you running into any other issues?

Richard.

It is but if you read the posts in this thread, I had to re-create my account using the same e-mail address and the same Alias so my account was really deleted.

If you look at this thread https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607530&highlight=Lund+boat+lift

I can't edit it anymore because it was done under my previous account using the same Alias, It is now showing BenCour as a guest.

Ben

modadmin
04-27-2017, 07:51 AM
It is but if you read the posts in this thread, I had to re-create my account using the same e-mail address and the same Alias so my account was really deleted.

If you look at this thread https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607530&highlight=Lund+boat+lift

I can't edit it anymore because it was done under my previous account using the same Alias, It is now showing BenCour as a guest.

Ben

Thanks, Ron M

how are you guys signing up? using tapatalk, another app or using the browsers.

Lee

bowtech840
04-27-2017, 07:59 AM
I'm using tapatalk, I finally gave up and just started a new account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modadmin
04-27-2017, 01:02 PM
you used Tapatalk to register the first two accounts as well?

Lee

BenCour
04-29-2017, 04:33 AM
I use chrome.

I did install tapatalk but I'm not using it anymore.

modadmin
05-01-2017, 09:41 AM
For those of you who signed up with Tapatalk and are coming across these issues, can you please provide the account names that were created using TT?

Richard.