Banned

Jimmarshall
11-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Could mod/admin please contact me about why I was previously banned with the username JimMarshall?

These are the only threads I posted

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643401&highlight=Kinzua

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643793&highlight=Kinzua

I know of no rules or anything that I broke. I'd appreciate a response.

A friend of mine was recently banned for no reason as well.

WallyWarrior
11-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Probably for talking about bass fishing. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juls
11-09-2017, 05:26 AM
Are you sure you were banned? Or, were you just unable to log in with your password? That seems to happen a lot around here.

Did it tell you that you were banned?

I am unaware of your banning it that is what it was.

Jimmarshall
11-09-2017, 05:54 AM
Are you sure you were banned? Or, were you just unable to log in with your password? That seems to happen a lot around here.

Did it tell you that you were banned?

I am unaware of your banning it that is what it was.

I was unable to log in, I was unable to reset my password with my email (email showed that it wasn?t associated with any registered users) and my name no longer showed in in the forum members list. In addition, it shows that I?m a guest

That Minnesota guy
11-09-2017, 06:03 AM
You are in now so welcome back.

Jimmarshall
11-09-2017, 06:32 AM
You are in now so welcome back.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I didn?t do something wrong so that I can stay this time.

That Minnesota guy
11-09-2017, 06:38 AM
Things get testy here in the sandbox from time to time. Either have thick skin or just stay out of the battles. I've found it easy to identify the topics that will fire up a $hit$torm of reaction from certain people here. I just avoid those topics.............................mostly. :muahaha:

s hovanec
11-09-2017, 06:54 AM
Don't know if I was banned, but when I requested password recovery, it said my email wasn't associated with an account, yet I have received notifications to that email prior. My old user name, which is the same as my new user name, now has 'guest' listed under it on my posts. I re-registered, but still have trouble logging in sometimes.

Juls
11-09-2017, 08:01 AM
You weren't banned....you can blame the loss of password and email on a hack done to the owner's servers (VerticalScope Inc). AppleGuy posted a thread on the subject the other day.

We lost a lot of members when the first hack happened, when they couldn't recover their password, username, and their post counts....they just left and went elsewhere. That was a long fiasco that I thought would never get resolved.

Then, it happened again, but on a smaller scale, I think. I think you and your friend were victims of that hack. But, I don't know for sure. :huh:

Just a guess. But, I do know you were not banned. :)

s hovanec
11-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Thank you for the explanation.

modadmin
11-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Can you send me a link to your other posts? I can merge your old and your new accounts together, giving you access to the info from both

Kevin

Jimmarshall
11-10-2017, 07:31 AM
You weren't banned....you can blame the loss of password and email on a hack done to the owner's servers (VerticalScope Inc). AppleGuy posted a thread on the subject the other day.

We lost a lot of members when the first hack happened, when they couldn't recover their password, username, and their post counts....they just left and went elsewhere. That was a long fiasco that I thought would never get resolved.

Then, it happened again, but on a smaller scale, I think. I think you and your friend were victims of that hack. But, I don't know for sure. :huh:

Just a guess. But, I do know you were not banned. :)

Thank you for the explanation. I have been banned from a couple of places for some really stupid things by some overly zealous and power tripping moderators, so I just automatically assumed the worst. My apologies.

Jimmarshall
11-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Can you send me a link to your other posts? I can merge your old and your new accounts together, giving you access to the info from both

Kevin

PM sent

modadmin
11-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Jimmarshall and s hovenac - I've received your PMs and reported this issue. Ticket 2802720.

-Nate

Lip_Yanker
11-11-2017, 12:25 PM
I was unable to log in, I was unable to reset my password with my email (email showed that it wasn?t associated with any registered users) and my name no longer showed in in the forum members list. In addition, it shows that I?m a guest

Same thing happened to me recently. I saw the post referring to the hacking.

Tech support was, less than supportive. They didn't seem to understand what I had told them about my account being deleted. Finally I sent them the link to the story about them being hacked.

So, I just re registered using my old screen name. Just ticks me off because I don't remember all the threads I had bookmarked with lots of good info, so it will just take time to find them all again.

Ahhhh well, first world problems. :boohoo:

modadmin
11-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Same thing happened to me recently. I saw the post referring to the hacking.

Tech support was, less than supportive. They didn't seem to understand what I had told them about my account being deleted. Finally I sent them the link to the story about them being hacked.

So, I just re registered using my old screen name. Just ticks me off because I don't remember all the threads I had bookmarked with lots of good info, so it will just take time to find them all again.

Ahhhh well, first world problems. :boohoo:

Hi there,

How was your account deleted? Do you recall the username? If we can track them down we could perform a merge.

Fergus