Tow Vehicles

FishManDan
01-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Love WC but would like to see a additional section to discuss Tow Vehicles. Seems these end up all over the place from General Discussions to any other section. It would be helpful to have these all in one place.

Thanks

FMD

modadmin
01-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Hey there,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something we could definitely look into. First, we'd have to hear from other members of the community to see if they also think it's a good idea.

Niall

brad34
01-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Seconded. Tow vehicle threads seem to be pretty popular, especially truck threads. I know I enjoy them.

stoneam2006
01-25-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm in currently looking to either trade in my truck or install airbags into it to stiffen the rear

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

modadmin
01-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks, guys. Checking with the mods to see what they think of this and we'll get back to you with the verdict.

Cheers,
Nate

FishManDan
02-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Example of a thread:

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659658

Golden
02-02-2018, 08:47 AM
There aren't enough posts about tow vehicles to sustain a dedicated forum for the subject.

General Discussion seems to work just fine.....as shown by the link above.

GBS
02-02-2018, 09:29 AM
I tend to agree that there isn't really a need - with most of the boats we discuss here, it is pretty straightforward to figure out whether a vehicle is suitable or not, most have pretty big excess capacity. We're not near the limits of either tow ratings or payloads, generally. So in the end, the responses to a question tend to be "it works great!". We're not like the RV guys, who are routinely at or over their limits. And for those that have concerns - rear end sag, etc., the general or even trailer sections seem to fulfill the need for a place to post. Ditto for those wondering about a shift in power plant - Ecoboost, going diesel, etc.

Bobby Winds
02-02-2018, 09:49 AM
6 of one half a dozen of another..........try it and if it doesn't fly delete the dedicated section. What's there to lose . . . . . :D

stjoeguy
02-02-2018, 11:25 AM
1. Could just change Trailers to Trailers & Tow Vehicles.

2. During the last year there have been this many posts to these sections:

Hunting Dogs - 12
Big Game - 44
Small Game - 25
Black Powder - 54
In other words, 135 posts in total to the hunting section. Why do we need these spots in "Walleye Central"? (full disclosure - I don't hunt)

Do a search for "tow" during the last year. I count 973 posts specifically discussing tow vehicles and not just mentioning the term "tow".

More disclosure - I won't be needing a tow vehicle for many years, so I don't really care, but it's winter and gave me something to do this morning.

FishManDan
02-02-2018, 11:57 AM
ok so done a search for truck in the search in Just the Title:

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/search.php?searchid=72931330&pp=25

Look at how many different forums these questions get posted into without a section.

It says 500 threads with Truck in the title but I would guess the max reported is 500 so they may be more.

Just reviewed a couple but there is a truck navigation in the Canada section?

I can't even take credit for the suggestion, looked done before in anther forum: https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521601&highlight=truck

modadmin
02-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Hey folks,

So far, the consensus amongst the mods is that a separate section specifically for tow vehicles is not necessary and just another thing that they would have to moderate. Let's table the idea for now and if there becomes a greater need for it, then we can revisit the idea down the road.

Cheers,

Erik

Bobby Winds
02-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Hey folks,

So far, the consensus amongst the mods is that a separate section specifically for tow vehicles is not necessary and just another thing that they would have to moderate. Let's table the idea for now and if there becomes a greater need for it, then we can revisit the idea down the road.

Cheers,

Erik

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TimJamison11
02-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Yeah. This would be a good section.

modadmin
02-15-2018, 10:18 AM
As Erik said, we'll table this for now. Thanks guys.

Niall

modadmin
02-19-2018, 08:58 AM
Hey guys,

Instead of making a new section the mods thought it'd be a better idea to add to a section instead. So you can now post tow related topics in the "Trailers and Tow Vehicles".

Niall

TimJamison11
02-19-2018, 04:34 PM
:rock-on: