Why no Mod response when asked why a thread was removed

cyber16
04-02-2018, 08:25 AM
I posted a thread about a new DNS server that has plenty to offer in regards to personal security of internet use.
Not once but now twice it was removed?
Will someone explain?
Is someone some-what technically challenged not understanding
in no way is a DNS over HTTPS some way controversial unless you are an ISP or other in the business of selling user internet activity data

Will a Mod explain what rule was broken with such a thread?

That Minnesota guy
04-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Asking here won't get your answer. Send a PM.

cyber16
04-02-2018, 08:40 AM
I figured when I posted this AM asking via the title
Mod's Why was my Not a April Fools thread Nuked?

I would at least get a PM reply, Nope, someone Just Nuked it again without an explanation of any sort via PM back.

Therefore what good would a PM do at this point not knowing whom was behind it being nuked not once but twice

modadmin
04-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Hey there,

I will escalate this to the mods for some answers

Please standby for updates,

Ed

cyber16
04-02-2018, 01:27 PM
thank you

Hawker
04-02-2018, 01:41 PM
In regards to the second post titled "Mod's Why was my Not a April Fools thread Nuked?", I dusted it because the OP blatantly re-posted the links found in his first post!!! A Mod/Admin dusted the first post after an "Alert" was sent by another member yesterday at 8:52 PM for reasons of advertising and/or possible phishing.

Juls
04-02-2018, 02:30 PM
It was still there when I left to go fishing this morning....sorry, I don't know what happened to it.

I read it...and, even though it was over my head, (very geeky stuff...lol) I found it somewhat interesting.

cyber16
04-02-2018, 02:32 PM
advertising and/or possible phishing?
Are you kidding me
Really, it what manner at all?

did anyone bother to internet search the news about this?
Obviously it's not, it is just the opposite of advertising & phishing

I stand by my comment, someone is technically challenged & not understanding what DNS is or even does let alone dns over https
We all use a DNS server, some sell the browsing data they collect, some don't.
privacy-focused consumer Domain Name System over https some-how is advertising and/or possible phishing :rotfl:

Ok feel free to dust this one as well.
I got got my answer as to why

cyber16
04-02-2018, 02:37 PM
geeky YES
but a great step forward on internet privacy & the page gave very easy step by step instructions on how to setup your computer/phone/ or even router.
No downloads or anything.

It was still there when I left to go fishing this morning....sorry, I don't know what happened to it.

I read it...and, even though it was over my head, (very geeky stuff...lol) I found it somewhat interesting.