Classifieds

mr ducks
08-13-2018, 11:52 AM
I have a boat listed in the classifieds and no matter what I do I cannot get the picture of the boat right side up. I have deleted the picture, reposted it, several times! To NO avail!
It is doubly embarrassing to me since I am a "super moderator" so tend to think that I should be able to do things correctly! Please fix the issue!
Ron Rensink "mr ducks":angry:

modadmin
08-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Hi Ron. We'd be happy to take a look. Can you send us a link to your Classifieds post?

Cheers,
Erik

mr ducks
08-15-2018, 12:39 PM
https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/208408
here you go!

modadmin
08-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Image looks fine on my end? What browser/device are you using?

Niall

mr ducks
08-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Not on mine! https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/208408

Microsoft edge or google chrome

WallyWarrior
08-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Itís upside down when I view it through mobile device(tapatalk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modadmin
08-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Hmm...how odd! It's showing up properly on my end as well (on MacBook Air) using Chrome, Firefox or Safari as well as on Tapatalk. I'm wondering if it's a setting on your end. I don't see anything in the back end that would have any bearing on the orientation of the classifieds photos. Have you posted other items in the Classified section? I'd be curious to know if the rotation issue happens again.

Erik

Juls
08-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Looks fine on my iMac (Safari) too.

I know that if I don't resize my photos from my iphone to smaller images, and try to post them here, that they load sideways. If I resize them smaller, before uploading to this site, they load properly.

Might want to try that.

modadmin
08-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Looks fine on my iMac (Safari) too.

I know that if I don't resize my photos from my iphone to smaller images, and try to post them here, that they load sideways. If I resize them smaller, before uploading to this site, they load properly.

Might want to try that.

That would make sense. There is a glitch with this site software and photos taken with mobile devices, where the way you were holding your phone when you took the photo takes over. There is a technical "right side up" with phone cameras, which is sideways with the volume buttons facing down (or the home button on the right). So if you hold your phone any other way, then it's sideways, or upside down, ect.

By resizing, you are re-saving it, which removes the glitch by forcing the new orientation.

Kevin