Wabakimi

goblue
09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
We fished Wabakimi the last week of August. We almost did not get in as there was a forest fire around the bays on the north side. We found the fishing to be good on the south side. One boat hit a hole for walleye and landed over 100 in three hours. Another boat caught 70+ northern in one afternoon. We did not get a hit at the west end. The third hole after Rusty's Backdoor was good and the area by the banks east of the cross were sure winners.

TexFly
03-27-2019, 03:07 PM
I just saw your post regarding Wabakimi. I hadn't heard about the fire on the North side, but why would I unless Rusty Myers sent us a refund on deposits if the cabin burned down. Sounds like your group had a good trip. We generally go up in July and do well.

Gopher44
04-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Wabakimi is one my favourite locations for fishing walleye. A very peaceful place and lots of fish :) It reminds me of my second favourite location, Cherpont Lake in Guéret, France. Have you ever heard of cherpont carp? This monstrous creatures can be found in here. I always loved fishing in France, there are a lot of peaceful locations there. Lately we decided with DW to buy a house on the French Riviera (https://tranio.com/france/cote_d_azur/detached/) so I will be updating you about the latest games. Here's a picture from 2013 :)

TexFly
04-04-2019, 02:25 PM
I have heard about the big carp in France. Do they take to a fly readily? I have almost completely switched over to fly fishing exclusively. I'm glad that I married a girl from MN and found out about Wabakimi.