Photos upload sideways?

TimJamison11
11-30-2018, 12:31 PM
Am I doing something wrong that the photos are sideways in the post? Thanks for the help.

modadmin
12-03-2018, 09:23 AM
No, just running into a failing of the site software.

I assume you are taking the photos using a mobile phone of tablet? If so, I want you to try and take a new photo but this time pay attention to how you are holding the phone. You want to hold it sideways, with the volume buttons at the bottom and the home button on the right side, like in my pic

Kevin

TimJamison11
12-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Yes, It was with a phone and straight up and down. Will try it the other way next time.

modadmin
12-04-2018, 10:44 AM
You can take the image and edit it from within your gallery on your device (slightly crop it for example) and that may work as well.

- JB

Juls
12-05-2018, 03:57 AM
It's the size. You need to make them smaller. This isn't the only site that happens on.

I use a Mac, so I downloaded a photo editor called, "Photo Resize Magic". It's super easy to use, and you can resize a group of photos all at one time. Then, they get saved to a folder on my computer. I just group a bunch of photos from a day's fishing and resize them to a little smaller size.

Then, they always load the right way. If I don't resize them, they will load on this site sideways.

If you're not using a mac...just use a photo editor program on your window's OS to do the same thing.

modadmin
12-05-2018, 01:19 PM
It's the size. You need to make them smaller. This isn't the only site that happens on.

I use a Mac, so I downloaded a photo editor called, "Photo Resize Magic". It's super easy to use, and you can resize a group of photos all at one time. Then, they get saved to a folder on my computer. I just group a bunch of photos from a day's fishing and resize them to a little smaller size.

Then, they always load the right way. If I don't resize them, they will load on this site sideways.

If you're not using a mac...just use a photo editor program on your window's OS to do the same thing.

Thanks! This is handy advice. I get asked this a lot all over the network and having photo editors to recommend is always handy for us.
-Philip