Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - Conversation Between Wigwam Fisherman and JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Wigwam Fisherman

Conversation Between Wigwam Fisherman and JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    04-06-2011 08:36 AM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    [B]Wigwam: Hecklsmiller here. Returned from the "Northwest Sport Show" this past Friday. I did not go last year, because the previous years show (2009) was very disappointing to me when compared to previous years. But, I will have to give credit to the show promoters for having brought the show back to a worthwhile reason for traveling 500+ miles round trip. Saw Tom B. & visited with him for a short while & he said you guys had a good winter season. [/B]
    [B]You will be interested in the fact I have really enjoyed the "USHL" hockey team we have in CR.(RoughRiders) Plus there now is a Baudette connection with the team in that Alex Lyon(Tim Lyons son) has joined the roster for the remainder of the season since March. The kids are impressive. Your going to have to educate me on the game of Hockey this summer. Before this winter, if someone suggested to me to go to a RoughRiders game, I would have told them I just as soon watch paint dry!! How wrong I was!! Hope we can share some water time this coming season & I intend to arrive mid May this year. Say "Hi" to the Jody for me. CRJohn[/B]
  2. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    08-17-2010 06:51 PM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    [B]J.P.[/B]
    [B]I have posted a Mid Season report on "Fans of LOTW-USA & Canada"[/B]
  3. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    04-11-2010 08:15 PM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    [B]Wigwam: Just a quick note regarding the 2010 upcoming season. I'm in my under 30 day countdown for return to "Up Nort"! It is my present plan to arrive late May 9th or early on the 10th. Haven't seen any posts from you for a long time. Hope we can meet this year! Say hi to Mr. Briggs for me & I'm [/B]
    [B]getting the message that there is going to be an early "ice-out" this season! Good! I prefer open water![/B]
  4. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    12-09-2009 07:41 PM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    [B]WIGWAM: AFTER WHAT WE RECEIVED LAST NIGHT & TODAY, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE GETTING CLOSE TO HARD WATER FISHING! WE RECEIVED ANYWHERE FROM 8 TO 16'' OF THAT WHITE STUFF, PLUS THE TEMPS HAVE FALLEN OUT OF THE BOTTOM.(SEVERAL NIGHTS BELOW ZERO FOR THE NEXT 7 DAY FORECAST)[/B]
    [B]HERE WISHING YOU & TOM A SUCCESSFUL ICE SEASON & ENJOY THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS. PLUS MY AL A MATER (IOWA STATE) WILL BE MEETING THE GOPHERS IS ARIZONA ON THE 31st. A MAJOR BATTLE OF 6 & 6 POWER HOUSES!! MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR----LATER CRJOHN[/B]
  5. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    12-01-2009 12:04 PM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    WIGWAM FISHERMAN: GOT YOUR REQUEST TO BE A "FRIEND"!! SINCE NO ELSE HAS COMMITED, HOW CAN I REFUSE!! JUST KIDDING. WE HAVE HAD A VERY MILD NOVEMBER DWN HERE IN CR. TODAY IS DEC. 1st & IT WILL REACH 50+ DEGREES. LET'S KEEP VISITING DURING THE UPCOMING 3 TO 4 MONTHS. MY FRIEND, GARY MOELLER/BALLARDS RESORT, KEEPS IN-TOUCH WITH LOTW NEWS ALSO. CRJOHN
  6. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    11-10-2009 07:50 AM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    [b]wigwam: Read through your biography upon my return to cedar rapids, ia. We are only a few miles apart,when @ low. Our summer hang-out is with "ken-mar-ke resort". We have a mobile there and have been in the area since 2000. Over the years i have met tom briggs and have played golf with him & other locals. From 2001 to 2004 i would fish the fall "wigwam" walleye tourney with another name you should regonize: Don hecht of "don juan restaurant" fame!! Don has been a very close friend during my time @ the lake![/b]
    [b]in the 9 seasons i have been fortunate to spent on lake of the woods, i have put on almost 20,000 miles on my boats and have spent the majority of my fishing experiences on the ontario side of the lake. Just wanted to give a quick hello and hope we can share some b.s. Next season upon my return. Tell tom "pickelsniffer" dropped a line and that he has reluctantly returned to playing with "only" 14 clubs during golf tournaments! John hecklsmiller/cedar rapids, ia.[/b]