Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - Conversation Between 1625rebel and LundRebelXLSS
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > 1625rebel

Conversation Between 1625rebel and LundRebelXLSS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. LundRebelXLSS
    12-27-2011 10:43 PM
    LundRebelXLSS
    Hi,

This Fall I just purchased a 2008 Lund Rebel xl ss with a 50hp 4 stroke. (glad I don't have a 75 like everyone else, I think the 50 hp is the perfect match, and is the extra 5 mph really worth all that trouble).

I am trying to figure out if I should make the upgrade to a 24 volt Terrova 80lb thrust i pilot. I plan on fishing several local bass tournaments (so I need motor to last for 6 hours in wind and waves) I see you have the power drive 55lb trust, how long does the trolling motor last when you you are keeping it at 40 percent (on a rough day) and does it top out at 2mph? Also if I do go for the 24 volt is it worth the trouble to wire one battery up front and one at the back, I'll have to wire the charge too so it will be a little bit of work.

Thank You for your time and consideration.

Tom