Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Message Central - Conversation Between JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER and rps
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER

Conversation Between JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER and rps
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. rps
    12-17-2011 10:28 AM
    rps
    I had a marvelous year this year. I put two fish over 10 pounds in the boat. One, a 13.75, came on a worm harness. The other, 10.1, came on a flatlined Storm Thundercrank. I found the metered line very useful for both methods. At 1.2 mph a 1 ounce bb rig with a size 3 colorado blade runs x feet deep on y feet of line. This allowed me to fish a harness near the tops of submerged timber. Like you I feel somewhat isolated when I talk of the product.

I wrote an article on walleye trolling here in the Ozarks. Go to OzarkAnglers.com and do a search on walleye and trolling and the article will pop up.

good luck

Randy
  2. JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    12-14-2011 02:30 PM
    JOHN L. HECKLSMILLER
    Thanks for the support on the "Depth Hunter" line! I'm surprised that there hasn't been alot of support for the product. I have commented on it in other threads with little support. I "Longline" Rapalas alot, & the line counter reels are a joke compared to the accuracy of the new line. CRJohn