Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members Fishing Reports (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lake St Clair Walleye (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55695)

Jacknife 07-31-2001 08:43 AM

Lake St Clair Walleye

I'll be visiting the St Clair area on August 16-18. Any reports on Walleye location/presentaions/baits is appreciated. I'll be putting in at the access near Selfridge. Thanks in advance - I'll post a report wehn I return.

Tom (Mich) 07-31-2001 10:44 AM

RE: Lake St Clair Walleye

The lake is getting darn hot, and I mean water tempts rather then the action. The channels dumping into the lake should hold plenty of fish. Try drifting downstream with bottom bouncers and harnesses. Try the north channel first. Alternatively, the deeper portions of the lake into Canada will hold fish. Try the flats east of the shipping channel, SE of the St. Clair light, or the south shore area. Keep in mind you'll need a Canadian license and will be subjected to a slot limit and one rod per angler rule.

Keith Krych 07-31-2001 05:06 PM

Hi Jacknife

Glad to see you coming over to my pond. :-)

Try the entrance to the middle channel by the yacht club during the day. Use 4oz bottom bouncers and a crawler harness. Half chartreuse and green beads and blades have been hot all year. Also try red beads with silver or gold blades. The north channel and south channel are also good.

If you want to try something different. Try casting bomber 15a’s at night by grassy island in the north channel, between the 13 can, down to the #7 can. The best Bomber colors are chrome, stripe bass, pearl, and black bass.

Good luck and drop me and e-mail when your in town.
The Lake St. Clair Walleye Associations club picnic is that Sunday. You and your family are invited if your still here on the 19th.

Good fishing
Keith Krych
NPAA 372

Keith Krych 07-31-2001 05:07 PM

Hi Jacknife

Glad to see you coming over to my pond. :-)

Try the entrance to the middle channel by the yacht club during the day. Use 4oz bottom bouncers and a crawler harness. Half chartreuse and green beads and blades have been hot all year. Also try red beads with silver or gold blades. The north channel and south channel are also good.

If you want to try something different. Try casting bomber 15a’s at night by grassy island in the north channel, between the 13 can, down to the #7 can. The best Bomber colors are chrome, stripe bass, pearl, and black bass.

Good luck and drop me and e-mail when your in town.
The Lake St. Clair Walleye Associations club picnic is that Sunday. You and your family are invited if your still here on the 19th.

Good fishing
Keith Krych
NPAA 372

Jacknife 08-01-2001 05:24 AM

Thanks for the info. We'll probably try the north channel for some 'eyes. I spent my formative years in the area but haven't fished the lake for a long time. What about the perch bite? I may take the my sons age 8 & 10 out for some perching while we are in the area.

MIKE 08-01-2001 03:10 PM

Been catching wallys by b & c-bouys in the lake on crawler harnesses. Nice sizes too 14 to 25 in.