Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   1875 Lund with smartcraft guages (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696262)

jimordway 07-12-2019 06:18 PM

1875 Lund with smartcraft guages

I bought an 1875 last fall with smartcraft gauges. I had those in all my rangers thru the years. The fuel used totals and the gph were priceless to me. On my new Lund, I get a reading on the gph but nothing registers on the gallons used. Always at zero. Any ideas. I used this feature and zeroed every time I filled my Rangers in the past and miss it.
Thanks,
Jim

T Mac 07-12-2019 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=jimordway;6340170]I bought an 1875 last fall with smartcraft gauges. I had those in all my rangers thru the years. The fuel used totals and the gph were priceless to me. On my new Lund, I get a reading on the gph but nothing registers on the gallons used. Always at zero. Any ideas. I used this feature and zeroed every time I filled my Rangers in the past and miss it.
Thanks,
Jim[/QUOTE]

All mine did . I would take it by the dealership. Unless something has changed...I think it should read Gals used.. -- If it has that capability , the dealer can dial it in for you... Something may have gotten missed...(?) during set up.

martinbns 07-14-2019 09:20 AM

Mine works, but I have never zeroed it. didn't know you could.

For me my trim gauge has worked maybe three times.

GWC 07-14-2019 01:52 PM

Smartcraft guages

I have the Mercury smart gauge on my Lund Rebel & it show a bunch of stuff included gallons used & hours on the motor. I zero the gallons used with every fill up. Much more accurate than the gas gauge that came with the boat. I had it added at our local boat shop.

Hot Runr Guy 07-14-2019 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim,
Dig into your SmartCraft manual, this may be a calibration setting.

HRG

jimordway 07-21-2019 01:06 PM

Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 90 4 stroke in this thread uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.

jimordway 07-21-2019 01:07 PM

Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 60 4 stroke GWC has uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.

Hot Runr Guy 07-21-2019 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=jimordway;6342814]Thanks guys. I have checked the screen setup for display of gallons used and it is set to yes. My salesman tells me that the guys in the shop say the engine, a 150 4 stroke is not capable of this information. Curious that the previous 60 4 stroke GWC has uses the feature. I guess a note to mercury is in order.[/QUOTE]

JIm,
PM me your outboards serial #, let me drop a note to a friend at Mercury. That sounds hard to believe.

HRG

jimordway 07-25-2019 09:50 AM

Solution:
Thanks for help from HRG to put me in the right direction. My salesman/dealer was wrong.
The 150 4s is fully capable of using the gallons used on the smartcraft gauge. It seems that I had to go into calibration and choose the multiplier option for the fuel. Thanks as well to Adam in customer service who responded to an email I sent on Sunday and he called me first thing Monday morning and we worked thru the options. I checked it out yesterday and all is well.
Take care,
Jim

Hot Runr Guy 07-25-2019 09:54 AM

[QUOTE=jimordway;6344022]Solution:
Thanks for help from HRG to put me in the right direction. My salesman/dealer was wrong.
The 150 4s is fully capable of using the gallons used on the smartcraft gauge. It seems that I had to go into calibration and choose the multiplier option for the fuel. Thanks as well to Adam in customer service who responded to an email I sent on Sunday and he called me first thing Monday morning and we worked thru the options. I checked it out yesterday and all is well.
Take care,
Jim[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

HRG