Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What states will you be Deer hunting this year (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655970)

pinwheeled 01-07-2018 05:46 AM

What states will you be Deer hunting this year

I will be in Wi, ND, SD TX and KS and maybe MN. What states will you be hunting this year?

I have a hard time hunting my own state of MN because the deer hunting is not what I think it should be.

johnboat 01-18-2018 09:07 AM

Home state of Iowa for bow then head to Michigan with the rifle. It would be nice to take your tour tho.

pinwheeled 01-18-2018 03:45 PM

Its a fun run. I live on the East side of MN and have a couple leases in West Central WI that i do most of my hunting in. By the time Thanksgiving gets here my butt is pretty sore and tired of the tree stand. By December I am ready to go again and then head to TX.

I have a few points in Iowa now and should be hunting in your great state in a couple years.

7 Mag 01-20-2018 07:18 PM

I'm hunting Illinois and Indiana this coming season.

pinwheeled 01-21-2018 04:47 AM

Both Indiana and IL are states on my list. After this year in Kansas I will be going to either IN, or IL. Mag do you go with an outfitter or public land or DIY private. What state do you like better?

7 Mag 01-21-2018 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=pinwheeled;5957770]Both Indiana and IL are states on my list. After this year in Kansas I will be going to either IN, or IL. Mag do you go with an outfitter or public land or DIY private. What state do you like better?[/QUOTE]

I hunt private ground in both states, I lease in Indiana and I'll be using an outfitter in Illinois. Ive taken my biggest whitetail deer in Illinois but there's just as big of bucks here in my own state. My favorite place to hunt is in Montana, that's where I took the mule deer in my avatar pic. Illinois has good hunting but a lot of pressure since it gets a lot of attention from the TV shows. I can't recommend an outfitter in Indiana as I don't know any of them. Don't over look Northern Missouri it's a sleeper and tags are over the counter.

Montana husker 01-21-2018 10:33 AM

I will be hunting here in Montana, have plenty of game and territory I have no need to go anywhere else, lol.

7 Mag 01-21-2018 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Montana husker;5958514]I will be hunting here in Montana, have plenty of game and territory I have no need to go anywhere else, lol.[/QUOTE]

I've hunted the Milk River a couple of times you definitely have an awesome place to hunt!

Montana husker 01-21-2018 10:55 AM

The Milk has been bouncing back after the terrible winter, of 2010-11, followed by EHD outbreak in the summer and early fall of 2011. I find myself doing most of my hunting in SC Montana.

7 Mag 01-21-2018 11:20 AM

I haven't been there in several years but I heard about the EHD, it's a shame!

pinwheeled 01-21-2018 05:34 PM

I have unbelievable hunting. I live in MN but my main hunting is Buffalo County WI. I have a couple leases. My guests or I shoot slammers every year. I still like going to different places. For me it has nothing to do with how good I have it on my home ground. It's about the adventure and looking at different trees every year. I use outfitters, lease ground and hunt private in the dakotas. Last year in the Kansas camp there weee people from 13 different states there. Pretty cool listening and talking with all the hunters.

pinwheeled 01-21-2018 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=7 Mag;5957906]I hunt private ground in both states, I lease in Indiana and I'll be using an outfitter in Illinois. Ive taken my biggest whitetail deer in Illinois but there's just as big of bucks here in my own state. My favorite place to hunt is in Montana, that's where I took the mule deer in my avatar pic. Illinois has good hunting but a lot of pressure since it gets a lot of attention from the TV shows. I can't recommend an outfitter in Indiana as I don't know any of them. Don't over look Northern Missouri it's a sleeper and tags are over the counter.[/QUOTE]

Missouri is great. I have a lot of family that live in northern part of the state. Specifically St. Joseph. For some reason I have just about zero desire to hunt there. I don't know why. Family has lots of good land also. Maybe because I am there so much. It's not adventures enough.

I will be looking and researching for outfitters in IL and IN.