Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boats (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Used boat prices. (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726182)

FlyNorth 08-23-2021 04:02 PM

Used boat prices.

Do you guys think prices are starting to soften? Not talking about the normal end of summer softening but the crazy times. Also, what are delivery dates being quoted on new Lundís, Rangerís, Crestlinerís, Skeeters and so on.

Just curious.
FN

RMBin303 08-23-2021 06:15 PM

I don't. When Covid first hit, I was sure there would be a huge drop in the recreation market. Obviously, I was 180* wrong.

Personally, I see no reason to think prices will soften any time soon. It's not like there was a huge influx of additional boat production. In fact, it was mostly the opposite, less boats produced. And that still doesn't seem to be changing. Add to that nearly double digit price increase on new boats, and there really is no reason for prices to come down.

If I am looking at my crystal ball, I would say we are at least 2 years before prices changing. If it happens.

Mark Pothen 08-23-2021 06:24 PM

I don't think so. Prices for 2022 are going to be 10 to 12 percent higher than 2021s. Used won't be going down for a while

Waxy 08-23-2021 07:12 PM

I don’t see used boat prices going down for 2-3 years.

The OEMs have more orders for 2022 than they can build, prices are going up across the board, and that will keep demand focused on the used market - that equals high used prices.

I think it’ll take a while for demand/supply to even out and prices to soften.

Waxy

Mark Pothen 08-23-2021 07:16 PM

Agree 100 % Waxy

That Minnesota guy 08-23-2021 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=FlyNorth;6592124]Do you guys think prices are starting to soften? Not talking about the normal end of summer softening but the crazy times. Also, what are delivery dates being quoted on new Lundís, Rangerís, Crestlinerís, Skeeters and so on.

Just curious.
FN[/QUOTE]

No.

Thatguy 08-23-2021 08:41 PM

Nope.

My boat was ordered in Jan, arrived Aug 10th. One of the last 2021 crestliner made in that model. When I picked it up the dealer said price went up 13% on the same boat for 2022. Used prices dont seem to have moderated at all.

OldFootdoc 08-23-2021 09:09 PM

I have a habit of looking at Craigs list for used boats most every night for a few minutes. It seems to me that boats are not selling quite as fast and I watch the price of Lunds and pontoons and have a general idea of what prices might be. The people trying to make a killing are hanging on to their units longer before they lower the price. This is also true on facebook marketplace.

walleyefan9 08-23-2021 10:34 PM

There are some deals out there if you're patient, on the used boat market. I just picked up a used 1900 Pro V LE that I had been looking for all year. It took patience, but I finally got a guy who messaged me back a full month after we talked the first time that he would accept my offer if I was still interested.

I had to drive 14 hours round trip to get it, but the rig is nice, perfect for me, has a brand new Terrova Ipilot, and I got it at a good enough price that I don't mind spending some more money on fixing it up to my liking with a couple of new Helix 10's, and a few other things to make it a fun, usable fishing rig for me.

Some sellers are just sick and tired of waiting to see who wants to pay them the high prices everyone is asking for. I saw a lot of boats that were still for sale 3 and 4 months later, asking high prices. Nuts. Not me. In a year or 2, when things return to normal pricing, some folks are gonna be way upside down in their used rigs because they paid $5K to $10K too much this year.

My .02.

DBV 08-24-2021 05:49 AM

Yep - they will definitely not stay this high. House prices are already started to go down slightly. Americans took out a lot of debt this year and this will all eventually catch up. No way boat prices or house prices stay at these out of whack prices.

Used car prices are already starting to go down too after a high in June. Still higher than normal though. Whole market is out of whack now and if you buy, are buying at the height.