Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BPS Merger With Sportsman Whse Called Off (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728420)

fishin10 12-03-2021 10:09 AM

BPS Merger With Sportsman Whse Called Off

The merger between BPS and Sportsman Whse called off by BPS and Sportsman Whse due to possible issues with the Federal Trade Commission. BPS has to pay Sportsman Whse $55 Million.
[url]https://sgbonline.com/bass-pro-and-sportsmans-warehouse-call-off-merger/[/url]

Juls 12-03-2021 10:51 AM

"Sportsman’s Warehouse, which is a publicly-traded company, said in the filing, “The decision to terminate the Merger Agreement follows feedback from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) that led the parties to believe that they would not have obtained FTC clearance to consummate the Merger.”"

The FTC didn't say why they would not get clearance, though. I wonder why not?

55M......pocket change for that group, and they knew about the fee up front, apparently, and must have agreed to it in the contract, so it is what it is, I guess. :huh:

I'm sure he'll find something else to buy.

You should look up the last Bass Pro Shops Bass Open Championship results and payouts (tournament was last weekend, I think)...it's pretty impressive.

So, love him or hate him.....he's a shrewd business man, with a heart of gold, and he's living his best life.

I'm curious to see what he is going to do next...:)

RMBin303 12-03-2021 11:34 AM

After seeing what BPS has done to Cabelas, I think this is great news for the consumer.

That said, it is going to become increasingly more difficult for brick and mortar stores to stay in business.....

That Minnesota guy 12-03-2021 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=Juls;6614844]"Sportsman’s Warehouse, which is a publicly-traded company, said in the filing, “The decision to terminate the Merger Agreement follows feedback from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) that led the parties to believe that they would not have obtained FTC clearance to consummate the Merger.”"

The FTC didn't say why they would not get clearance, though. I wonder why not?

55M......pocket change for that group, and they knew about the fee up front, apparently, and must have agreed to it in the contract, so it is what it is, I guess. :huh:

I'm sure he'll find something else to buy.

You should look up the last Bass Pro Shops Bass Open Championship results and payouts (tournament was last weekend, I think)...it's pretty impressive.

So, love him or hate him.....he's a shrewd business man, with a heart of gold, and he's living his best life.

I'm curious to see what he is going to do next...:)[/QUOTE]

Juls do you think if it had gone through they would have been considered a monopoly? It for sure would have made them a big player.

I no longer do Cabelas or BPS as they aren't located anywhere near me. Now it's Reeds or Scheels 100% when not a mom or pop shop.

Pezman38 12-03-2021 12:32 PM

Scheels is a better store, for everything.

Doesn't mean I don't take advantage of BPS sales from time to time.

Husker525 12-03-2021 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=RMBin303;6614858]After seeing what BPS has done to Cabelas, I think this is great news for the consumer.

That said, it is going to become increasingly more difficult for brick and mortar stores to stay in business.....[/QUOTE]

Well said. ^^^ x2

proguidedream 12-03-2021 02:41 PM

pretty crazy to start by selling tackle out of a liqour store in 1972

That Minnesota guy 12-03-2021 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=proguidedream;6614876]pretty crazy to start by selling tackle out of a liqour store in 1972[/QUOTE]

I thought it was their house?

I agree. I wonder if they are happy or sad to see whats become of their dream?

Suzuki 12-03-2021 03:48 PM

All of these businesses were good alone. When combined or purchased they go downhill

Timmer92 12-03-2021 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=RMBin303;6614858]After seeing what BPS has done to Cabelas, I think this is great news for the consumer.

That said, it is going to become increasingly more difficult for brick and mortar stores to stay in business.....[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!